ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi_khaneng

ILR application

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi there

Just wanted a bit of information on the following:

I will be applying for ILR this June 2012 on SET(O). My wife got wife in June 2010 but delayed her entry till September 2010. I was considering to put her in the same application as my dependent and request the case worker o apply discreation in her case due to some personal reason (We have the paper work to support that reason).

I have just spoken to UKBA Advisor. She advised me not to include my dependent in the same application. Apply for my ILR first and then change her to FLR(M) and then in August/Sepetember 2012 Apply for SET(M) for my wife. Is that true or does my wife needs to wait for another two years after getting FLR(M) for her ILR.

I am on Tier 2 (General) at the moment. I was on work permit and due to change in responsibilities had to get a Tier 2 (G) which should have been valid for 3 years (applied in 2009) but was only given 2 years 4 months just to complete my 5 years.

Please let me know your comments. Many thanks