ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

savings account statement query - urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferryahmed82

savings account statement query - urgent

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi there

I have submitted Tier 1 - General extension application with 2 dependents yesterday.

For the maintenance funds, I have shown evidence from my savings plus current accounts. My savings account is just used for my savings
and I dont do any transactions from that account apart from adding money into that. That is why my savings account has very less number
of transactions during 90 days period. When I got printed out statement for last 3 months for my savings account, it shows the transactions
with the date in which money was added to that account.

Although when I got printed out the saving account statement from bank branch, bank staff mentioned on the statement that this is from
30th Dec 2011 to 30th Mar 2012, and later on stamped and signed it.

I am worrying by reading this peace of text from the guidance which says

We will not accept statements which show
the balance in the account on a particular
day as these documents do not show that the
applicant holds enough funds for the full period
needed.

My statement for savings account lists all the transactions like

date description Paid in Paid out Total
15FEB 2012 funds added £1000 £2711.72
29FEB 2012 funds added £475 £3322.87

which looks like the balance was available only on those dates, where the reality is since there was no transaction between 15th and 29th Feb, so between these dates the balance didn't fell below £2711.72.

I have also mentioned opening and closing balances for each month for 3 month period in covering letter along with the minimum balance held in both accounts, which is higher from the threshold requirements for 3 months. I have also mentioned the lowest balance (current+saving) for last 3 months and thats quite higher than required amount.

I am just getting scared whether Home office doesn't reject my statement thinking its only showing balanace for particular day.

Can someone please shed any lights on this???

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am

You will be fine. What the statement from UKBA refers to (in my understanding) is a statement where someone has deposited lets say £5000 today and prior to that there was no activity whatsoever on the account. If they then decide to take the print out tomorrow for that statement showing £5000 balance, this will not be accepted. You have at least 3 transactions and assume a balance prior to that of 15th Feb. Which tells me you will be fine. Breathe normal :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...