ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on WP, A gap of few months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

champs
Newly Registered

ILR on WP, A gap of few months

Post by champs » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:51 am

Hi Guys. I need a VERY urgent help from you to see if I can obtain a PR.
I am very positive on this since I have most of the evidences.

I came to UK on Work Permit on Feb 2000. Since then my VISA was extended for 5/6 times. I went back to my home country in Aug 2003 (At that time my VISA was valid until Dec 2003) for some project handover, training etc. I was also on vacation initially for a months time. Since my VISA was expired by the time I was in my home country, my company filed a new work permit in January 2004 and I came to UK in Feb 2004. So, In total I was out of UK roughly about 5 months. In total I am in UK for more than 4 years

I have been working with the same company throughout in UK. I have all P60's of 4 years, recent salary slips etc. Also, my employer is not giving me a letter for HO, but I have a similar letter intended for some other reason mentioning they are continuing my employment. Please let me know this is still fine for me to file for PR and what all care or information I need to provide to HO without much hassles.

Much appreciate your help in advance !

Regards,

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:15 am

Hello,
I don't see a big problem with this. My case was fairly similar to yours but was processed OK. I was away on work in the US for a couple of long periods of 4 months and 5 months each. I went through my immigration consultant and he got it done in a few weeks time.
Since your case is not that straight-forward, your best bet is maybe to go through an immigration consultant. You can also try your hand at Croydon by making a personal trip, but your long absence might be a little tricky to explain, if you declare it on the application (mabe you dont have to). Also I suspect that your employer wouldn't give you a letter confirming that you were out of the country to do training, hand-over etc, which would've made your job a touch easier.
Cheers

champs
Newly Registered

ILR on WP

Post by champs » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:54 pm

Hi Epiphany,
Many thanks for your reply. Just wanted to clarify on some points you mentioned in your reply.
- Was your WP expired when you was away to US for 4 months and 5 months?
- Is it necessary to go via immegration consultant? Do you mean to go via solicitor?
- If I visit HO and they refused, which might not be the case I am very +ve :-) then I may go via Solicitor? Do they make a record on our passport for ILR refused etc.

Thanking you very much in advance!

Regards,

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:07 pm

1. My WP expired whilst I was on my second trip. Actually, I had quit my previous company before I went to the states for 5 months.
2. I don't mean a solicitor, but an OISC approved immigration consultant. Its probably not necessary to go through one, but when there are complications like I had, its probably a wiser move even though it means shelling out a few big quid
3. I have no idea abt what they do when they refuse an ILR application.
Cheers

vinodh
Newly Registered

Post by vinodh » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:58 am

Hi there

Does anyone have any idea what the home office does when they refuse to give ILR?, Do they stamp the decission in the passport?.
If the ILR is refused can we re-apply after 2 months?.

It would be great if someone can share their knowledge.

Cheers
Vinodh

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:58 pm

as far as i know they don't stamp your passport but they update your record in the database with their comments

champs
Newly Registered

WP - A few months gap

Post by champs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Guys,
Finally i got my and my dependents passport stamped with the Permanant Residence VISA. It was not much of a problem of 5 months, they just asked me if I was away when I was with the same employer, this worked well. I got a stamped VISA in after 2/3 hours waiting time.

Thanks to everyone for helping out. This is a gr8 forum to help ppl.

balaplus
Newly Registered

Post by balaplus » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Friends,

My first trip to UK was in Aug'1999 on a workpermit for a period 3 months....Then I was back to UK on biz. visa for 3 months in Apr'2000. Finally I started the 4 yr ILR counter in Sep 2000...Which date do I need to specify for 'first visit to UK' in SET(O) form ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:31 pm

Sep 2000