ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 AND EEA2 NO ACTION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shhe
Newly Registered

EEA1 AND EEA2 NO ACTION

Post by shhe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi,

I am Germany citizen and my wife an Egyptian citizen. My wife has already taken EEA visa for family member permit and it has been ended in 31 March 2012.

Therefore, I sent two application form one for me to register EEA1 and one for her EEA2 for residence certificate in 7 March 2012. I have been informed that the applications delivered on 8 March 2012.

I did not hear any action from the office till now. Is that normal??? However, My wife has a permanent residence visa for Germany in her Pass and my colleague told me that it might be the permanent visa will cancelled if my wife lived outside Germany more than 6 months. I do not know if that is right or not!!!!!

My question now, how long can the process take to return the passes for me and my wife??

Thanks in advance

shhe

uberto
Newly Registered

Re: EEA1 AND EEA2 NO ACTION

Post by uberto » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm

shhe wrote:Hi,

I am Germany citizen and my wife an Egyptian citizen. My wife has already taken EEA visa for family member permit and it has been ended in 31 March 2012.

Therefore, I sent two application form one for me to register EEA1 and one for her EEA2 for residence certificate in 7 March 2012. I have been informed that the applications delivered on 8 March 2012.

I did not hear any action from the office till now. Is that normal??? However, My wife has a permanent residence visa for Germany in her Pass and my colleague told me that it might be the permanent visa will cancelled if my wife lived outside Germany more than 6 months. I do not know if that is right or not!!!!!

My question now, how long can the process take to return the passes for me and my wife??

Thanks in advance

shhe
In the site is specified it can take up to 6 months.

I'm curious about your EEA1, is this needed? I'm italian and with a lot of italian friends in London and this is the first time I heard about a UE citizen to apply for EEA1.

Also considering your passport is needed for your wife EEA2 application, how could you applied for both at the same time?

shhe
Newly Registered

Post by shhe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Unfortunately, I need to register because, it is written in UBKA the following

Under European law, you do not need to obtain documentation confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a national of a country in the EEA.

However, if you want to support an application for a residence card by any of your family members who are not EEA nationals, you must demonstrate that you are residing in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 and are 'exercising Treaty rights' in the UK.

Therefore, I applied for registration for me and residence for my wife in the same time.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Just to make it clear, you don't need to apply for EEA1. You do however need to support your partner EEA2 by providing your passport and evidence of exercising treaty rights. This is also what is required for an EEA1 application so if you wish to apply, you just need to add an application form.

In any case, the HO will first evaluate the EEA national status (and issue a Registration Certificate if EEA1 application has been submitted) and only then decide on the non EEA application.

To apply for both EEA1 and EEA2, just put all the documents in one envelope. Both applications need to be posted to the same address anyway.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks in advance

shhe
You should probably hear back from the HO around 4-5 weeks after applying. You should receive the Registration Certificate and your partner CoA (certificate of application - an acknowledgement they received the application). You can ask for the passports back in any time and it will not affect the application.

Recent posts seem to indicate the process takes 3-4 months for the Residence Card to be issued. If you don't ask for the passports before, they will be returned when a decision has been made.

shhe
Newly Registered

Post by shhe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Unfortunately, I did not hear from them till now. I have already sent two applications with passports for me and my wife. On the other hand, they said that if I will ask for returning the passport will affect on applications. Can you show me actually, what can I do now???
The problem in my wife, however I have my ID without any problem but my wife has not any thing!!!!

thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 pm

shhe wrote:Unfortunately, I did not hear from them till now. I have already sent two applications with passports for me and my wife. On the other hand, they said that if I will ask for returning the passport will affect on applications. Can you show me actually, what can I do now???
The problem in my wife, however I have my ID without any problem but my wife has not any thing!!!!

thanks
You can ask for your passports back at any time. This will not affect the application. If the UKBA do not have a passport, the residence card will be issued on a piece of paper!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 pm

shhe wrote:Unfortunately, I did not hear from them till now. I have already sent two applications with passports for me and my wife. On the other hand, they said that if I will ask for returning the passport will affect on applications.
Who is they? Do they work for the UKBA?

See instructions how to request the passport back at the bottom of this page
How to apply for residence documents as the non-EEA family member of an EEA national wrote:If we return your documents at your request we will not withdraw your application and you will not be required to make a fresh application
I would expect you get the CoA in a week or two. You could contact them and ask for an update (they don't always give one).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks in advance

shhe
What type of residence permit does your wife have from Germany? What makes you think it will expire? Have you enquired as to its validity from the German authorities?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
shhe wrote:Unfortunately, I did not hear from them till now. I have already sent two applications with passports for me and my wife. On the other hand, they said that if I will ask for returning the passport will affect on applications. Can you show me actually, what can I do now???

thanks
You can ask for your passports back at any time. This will not affect the application. If the UKBA do not have a passport, the residence card will be issued on a piece of paper!
Please see this thread for residence cards on A4 paper.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99483

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile,

We should try and stop posting in tandem :)

J.

mEEA

Post by mEEA » Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 am

Hello. Just was curious what happened to this case? Please kindly update us. Hope things are fine by now. All the best, meea.