ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 pm

*Nazia wrote:Can anyone kindly answer my question :D
I am by no means an expert but I can't see what the issue would be of you getting a new job aslong as it doesn't leave u worse off financially.

But ur prob best off waiting for one of the forum experts before making a decision

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:09 pm

wunderboy wrote:
Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:does anyone know the current nadra card and passport processing times for name changes thanks!
i had my name added to my husbands nadra id card it took a total of 7 working days, we changed his status.

hope this helps
was this recent ?

thanks for that, whereabouts was this done if you dont mind me asking!
Husband recieved his card a few days before we submitted our application u just need to go to Nadra office and change ur status and add ur wife's name onto ur bay form that's what we did

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:14 pm

The only thing I can think of is if they contact ur employer according to ur documents and employer states no longer working their it may lead to further complications as them assuming u unemployed as they will not know u just changed employers

wunderboy

Post by wunderboy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:
Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:does anyone know the current nadra card and passport processing times for name changes thanks!
i had my name added to my husbands nadra id card it took a total of 7 working days, we changed his status.

hope this helps
was this recent ?

Husband recieved his card a few days before we submitted our application u just need to go to Nadra office and change ur status and add ur wife's name onto ur bay form that's what we did
so both of you did it in person ? because i just got told two weeks and im back in england!

blumango

Post by blumango » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:53 pm

UK spouse visa changes revealed in leaked letter

29 Mar 2012 | Posted by Kate Gilmour

A leaked letter from the home secretary Theresa May has revealed a number of new proposals regarding requirements for UK spouse visas.

Seen by the Sunday Telegraph, the letter proposes an increase in the minimum income requirements for anyone seeking to bring a spouse, partner or dependant into the country from outside of the European Union.

At the moment, the threshold stands at £13,700 but from June, the letter suggests, this will be raised to £25,7000. Those looking to bring children into the country will see their minimum income requirement raised to up to £62,600.

However, this would be staggered with a partner with one child required to earn at least £37,00, two children requiring £49,300 and the £62,600 requirement not coming into force until three children were to be brought into the country.

In addition to these changes, Ms May has put forward proposals for a longer probationary period for those on UK spouse visas. On top of the higher level of English she suggests enforcing, the home secretary is calling for a probationary period of five years before spouses and partners are given the chance to apply for permanent residency in the UK.

The letter also looks to crackdown on abuse of the UK immigration system, detailing a need to “differentiate between genuine and non-genuine relationships” when it comes to spouse visa applications.

The move forms part of the prime minister David Cameron's bid to cut down the number of immigrants to the tens of thousands year. However, the Liberal Democrats are contesting many of the issues and are generally taking a much softer line to UK immigration issues than that of their coalition partners.

henna786

Post by henna786 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 pm

aziz4ever wrote:
henna786 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
henna786 wrote:
am going to wait but just wanted the number lol
do you think I should email them today and see what they say lol?
need advise? :)
yah i say email them cant do any harm finding out whats happening
thanx, do u have the email add? gerrys are useless they only check what we check online.
Abu Dhabi embassy email is below:
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm

wunderboy wrote:
Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:
Shatif wrote:

hope this helps
was this recent ?

so both of you did it in person ? because i just got told two weeks and im back in england!
If ur wife updates her status ur will automatically be updated tell her to add her name to ur bay form do u have Pakistani overseas I'd card u just give her ur I'd card number

henna786

Post by henna786 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

*Nazia wrote:
henna786 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
henna786 wrote:can some one please give me the number to contact about my visa app?
:(
I thought you were going to wait until the end of the week, if you havent heard by then then ring them up insha'Allah
am going to wait but just wanted the number lol
do you think I should email them today and see what they say lol?
need advise? :)
Yeah sis email them if that will put you at ease, at least you might get a reply other than the other standard replies.

I pray that your hubby is granted his visa jaldi

thanx naz sis:)n i just hope i get a standard reply back instead of saying o we cant tell do u get what i mean lol xx
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12

henna786

Post by henna786 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi henna786 sis xx
I would personally advise u not to ring the embassy I am on 64th working day n i havent contacted them i was goin to wait until 2morrow n contact them but now i will not because of wat navie999 has said. We all are sure we wont be hearing anything next week either becoz the ECO has until next week to complete the remaining applications they have. I personally think thier is no point in all of us ringing the embassy seperately we shud just let them get on with thier jobs. As navie999 said he will ring them again on wednesday we shud leave it up to him. It is ur own choice like sum ppl have said if it will put u at ease then go ahead. You will get to know if ur application is processed.
Navie999 brother i dont think so thier is any point in all of us ringin the embassy, cud u ask them on our behave wen u ring them again next week if they have sent the bundle off and how many days does it take for the application to reach the gerrys centre. Thank u very much.
i understand that, but i think you email them aswell due to they should know that we havent forgotten about the visa ap, if we email them maybe they can tell atleast what is going on with our app if its processed or not otherwise they shoudlt give 60days lol.. i see what i do, hubby is saying to leave it aswell, but i email them today and wait till end of week to see if i heard anything.

wunderboy

Post by wunderboy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:
Shatif wrote:
wunderboy wrote:
was this recent ?

If ur wife updates her status ur will automatically be updated tell her to add her name to ur bay form do u have Pakistani overseas I'd card u just give her ur I'd card number

I think its already been done as photo copies of my ID card have been done im just impatient as I want to get the application rolling and these delays dont help!

what are the lead times for TB and english test/course/certificate times.

RAJA.24
Newly Registered

Post by RAJA.24 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

your visa application has been forwarded to embassy for processing=3/4/2012
submitted date=30/12/2011
:?

RAJA.24
Newly Registered

Post by RAJA.24 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 pm

your visa application has been forwarded to embassy for processing=3/4/2012
submitted date=30/12/2011
still no answer

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Shatif wrote:
The only thing I can think of is if they contact ur employer according to ur documents and employer states no longer working their it may lead to further complications as them assuming u unemployed as they will not know u just changed employers
Thats what I was thinking too, but someone said let the ECO know and I have no idea how to do that?
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

ask120
Newly Registered

Post by ask120 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi guys

Some questions, on section 5 it asks about how the applicant is supported . my wife prior to getting married was working as a teacher, but few months before our marriage she stopped working .

Now she lives in the family home in azad Kashmir, I have some receipts if money sent to her, but she is also supported by her family of the house, ao really she doesn't have much expenditure on her part . So how would she write this on her application form ?

Also as I am travelling to Pakistan in a few weeks time , would it be ok for me to write her application form for her ? But obviously I will inform the agency on the part of section 5 as her representative.

2 more points, do u have to get my passport photo copies attested by a solicitor? In the UK . Also I will be living with my parents rent free, how do I inform the agency of this

Thanking you all
Prayers for you all, keep us in yours if you can

ns99

Post by ns99 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:49 pm

m3y wrote:
ns99 wrote:Hi,does anyone know what AC stands for...?
Air conditioning lol

LOL :) I obviously didnt mean that one..!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm

ns99 why havent u got anythin written in ur signature?? :evil: :evil: :evil: lol..;)

ns99

Post by ns99 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:
ns99 wrote:Hi,does anyone know what AC stands for...?
ns99 has ur status changed?
Yes..! First it said it was at the AC , and now it's ready to collect...!!!

ns99

Post by ns99 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 pm

XnailaX wrote:ns99 why havent u got anythin written in ur signature?? :evil: :evil: :evil: lol..;)
Lol I have now..! X

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

A friend of mine was telling me how lame the Gerry's staff are at updating applicants status.
He said last year his cousins submitted at Islamabad and after the 12 week period they never heard anything. His cousin contacted Gerrys who said your passport is ready for collection and has been here for the past few weeks. Cousin was furious and stated why didn't you inform me or atleast update my online status. He went to collect his passport and noticed his only got a few days left to travel as the passport has been waiting at Gerrys for a few weeks.

A complaint about how poorly applicants are informed about the status at Gerrys was sent to the UKBA.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 pm

^hmmmmm interesting

yeh they are rubbish

i just emailed abu dhabi asking where my hubbys application is and what stage as its coming up to 50 days and hasnt moved on yet to the next stage

lets seeeeee
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 pm

zahra110 wrote:^hmmmmm interesting

yeh they are rubbish

i just emailed abu dhabi asking where my hubbys application is and what stage as its coming up to 50 days and hasnt moved on yet to the next stage

lets seeeeee
Just a thought will they give u details on ur hubbys application did u email from ur email or his, they may say unable to discuss application as ur not the applicant don't know it was just a thought,

Gud luck hope u hear soon

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 pm

spouses email all the time on behalf of applicant, i am the sponsor after all

dont see y there should be a problem
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

sakman

Post by sakman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am

salaam

does anyone know whether it is ok to write my dads pakistan address as my own address on my marriage certificate,

or should it have been my own UK address, which is on my passport.

i should have checked this before, but its done now. i just need to know if it will cause a problem.

henna786

Post by henna786 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 am

can we email abudhabi when eva or is there a time when they open to email?
Just got an email back saying OUT OF OFFICE! then checked their webiste and it says office hours sun-thurs, so i dont think i will get a reply back till sunday:(

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:31 am

ask120 wrote:Hi guys

Some questions, on section 5 it asks about how the applicant is supported . my wife prior to getting married was working as a teacher, but few months before our marriage she stopped working .

Now she lives in the family home in azad Kashmir, I have some receipts if money sent to her, but she is also supported by her family of the house, ao really she doesn't have much expenditure on her part . So how would she write this on her application form ?

She should just write that she is unemployed and Husband supports her.

Also as I am travelling to Pakistan in a few weeks time , would it be ok for me to write her application form for her ? But obviously I will inform the agency on the part of section 5 as her representative.

Yes you could fill in the application form for her thats what majority do. On the part where it says was the form fill in by a representative just select no. Usually that part is selected when a solicitor fills in the form. Make sure she signs the last page!

2 more points, do u have to get my passport photo copies attested by a solicitor? In the UK .

Yes you have to get your passport attested by a solicitor. The photographic page and immigration stamps of travel.

Also I will be living with my parents rent free, how do I inform the agency of this

Your parents will have to write and sign a statement saying that you will be living in the house rent free.

Thanking you all
Prayers for you all, keep us in yours if you can
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12