ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Employed - Director- Limited Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gauravgupta
Newly Registered

Post by gauravgupta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi All,
I'm also looking for my Tier 1 extension & is self employed from July last year.

I'm getting a one problem, don't know if there is any issue with it, my accountant used to provide me the salary slip, dividend for each week but money is transfered from my business account to personal account sometimes in 2 week , and somtimes in 1 week as one transaction, and also when I reimbused my expenses, then in some transactions they are further combined in 1 transaction i.e. if I have claimed £400 as expense, then on my dividend slip the amount become (original dividend - expense) and some times if it exceed the dividend for that week it is subtracted from salary also so for few week I had salary+dividend+expense coming in one transaction.

when I contacted my accountant he provide me a letter and a Income schedule, explaining my net salary, gross salary, net dividend, gross dividend, expense reimbursed and total amount credited in my account.

Someone told me that expenses should not be shown in the transactions, as now just the salary & dividends are not matching with my bank statement, but if we mention the expense they matches. so can someone please let me know if there will be any issue regarding this? if yes, then what should we done now.

secondly, on one of the transaction they have credited my dividend+mine salary+ my wife dividend as one transaction in to my account, so is there will be any issue realting to this, or should I just make one transaction from my personal account to my wife personal account stating the return dividend, is that will be fine.

please help me, or let me know if you have any format where I need to explain all these details. if any one has a specified format please forward me.
Last edited by gauravgupta on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Expense reimbursements can't be counted towards earnings you are claiming as they aren't income - they're, well, reimbursements!

If your accountant explains what is going on in their letter, I would have thought that it would be the best way forward. You can't alter the past for a start and also it will outline to UKBA exactly what has happened/is happening. They can always get in touch with him/her for further clarification. I have done this myself in the past and there were no issues. However I'm speaking here as a third party so someone else may be able to give you something better anecdotally.

(edited for grammar reasons!)
Last edited by AccountantMatthew on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

gauravgupta
Newly Registered

Post by gauravgupta » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks AccountantMatthew.
My accountant has clearly mentioned that the expense has not been accounted in the total gross income, and even given a Income schedule clearly specifying the gross salary, net salary, gross dividend and net dividend and the total gross income(gross salary + net dividend), and the expense reimbursed.

The issue is only that if we match up just (salary+dividend) with my bank statement they didn't match up as in the bank statement also include the expense reimbursed all in one transaction. so if we (salary+dividend) + reimbursement then it comletely match up with my bank statement.

Thanks allot.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 am

In lieu of any other answers, in that case the best thing is to just get an explanation worked into the accountant letter. If you can get through to them do speak to UKBA of course as it's their opinion that matters.

All the best!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

gauravgupta
Newly Registered

Post by gauravgupta » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Can anyone please help me regarding this?
AccountantMatthew wrote:In lieu of any other answers, in that case the best thing is to just get an explanation worked into the accountant letter. If you can get through to them do speak to UKBA of course as it's their opinion that matters.

All the best!

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 pm

For the starters, you've messed it up for yourself. Salary, Dividend and Expenses are three different components. To have clarity, you should have paid them separately.

A letter from the accountant explaining the payments + A cover letter from you is the only solution. Matthew has given you valuable suggestions, please don't mock the senior members.
Give me more Karma (+)