ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

docs for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aprilcool
Newly Registered

docs for PR

Post by Aprilcool » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

hello everyone,

can someone please tell me what document to send when applying for pr?
i got married to eu husband in april 2007, came to uk in the same month. decree absolute was issued march 2012. i qualify for pr this month but i dont know what docs to send. do i also need a solicitor?

presido007

Re: docs for PR

Post by presido007 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Aprilcool wrote:hello everyone,

i got married to eu husband in april 2007, came to uk in the same month. decree absolute was issued march 2012. i qualify for pr this month but i dont know what docs to send. do i also need a solicitor?
am not sure if this link will answer some of your questions, I had similar query but mine is different because, I am not divorce.

please read section 10 on the eea4 application form, I believe this will answer your questions.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea41.pdf

goodluck

Aprilcool
Newly Registered

Re: docs for PR

Post by Aprilcool » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 pm

presido007 wrote:
Aprilcool wrote:hello everyone,

am not sure if this link will answer some of your questions, I had similar query but mine is different because, I am not divorce.

please read section 10 on the eea4 application form, I believe this will answer your questions.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea41.pdf

goodluck
thank you so much. i have checked the link and i guess that answers my question about using a solicitor because all the required documents are self explanatory. but the problem is that i only have some p60's(07-08, 09-10,10-11), p45's and payslips, i also have tenancy agreements and a utility bill. i do not have a bank statement for all 5 years. will this be a problem?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Are you able to demonstrate that at the end of the marriage, your former spouse was a qualified person.

If you are able to demonstrate that, then you will need to provide proof that you have resided in the UK for 5 years, as if you are a person Exercising treaty rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Aprilcool
Newly Registered

Post by Aprilcool » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Obie wrote:Are you able to demonstrate that at the end of the marriage, your former spouse was a qualified person.

If you are able to demonstrate that, then you will need to provide proof that you have resided in the UK for 5 years, as if you are a person Exercising treaty rights.
@obie
yes i have been working since 2008 when i received my rc and i have p60's to prove that. but will i need to provide my bank statements as well? and yes i have hubby;s latest payslips as they were sent to my address.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Aprilcool wrote:
Obie wrote:Are you able to demonstrate that at the end of the marriage, your former spouse was a qualified person.

@obie
yes i have been working since 2008 when i received my rc and i have p60's to prove that. but will i need to provide my bank statements as well? and yes i have hubby;s latest payslips as they were sent to my address.
if you have p60s or payslips that cover you during these periods then that should be enough evidence. bank statements will only proof the same thing payslips will proof.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 pm

I thought the case of Amos has put an end to non eea spouses' struggle to prove their estranged partner was qualified up to the date of decree absolute!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 pm

No Amos has not done anything like that.

It simply state that if someone is having difficulty proving that fact, they can seek help from Secretary of State, but she is not oblidge to do any enquiries to establish such facts.

Aprilcool
Newly Registered

Post by Aprilcool » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:35 am

Obie wrote:No Amos has not done anything like that.

It simply state that if someone is having difficulty proving that fact, they can seek help from Secretary of State, but she is not oblidge to do any enquiries to establish such facts.
@ does this imply that i can send my 5 p60's and my ex payslips for the last 4 months as well as utility bills and tenancy agreement for a pr application?

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Obie wrote:No Amos has not done anything like that.

Does "she" here refer to Secretary of State or the OP? the meaning will be completely different though!
:shock:

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 pm

@ Apricool, in theory I think what you have should suffice. However, if you can prove that your ex was qualified throughout the whole marriage till the date of decree absolute plus usual things (bills and your own payslips), your retention is a piece of cake

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm

The She refers to the SOS Home Department.

Aprilcool
Newly Registered

Post by Aprilcool » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Guerro wrote:@ Apricool, in theory I think what you have should suffice. However, if you can prove that your ex was qualified throughout the whole marriage till the date of decree absolute plus usual things (bills and your own payslips), your retention is a piece of cake
thank u so much.i will keep u posted as things go on.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 am

Obie wrote:The She refers to the SOS Home Department.
So if any applicant for retention is having difficulty proving the status of estranged spouse and puts a formal request to SOS to make enquiries regarding that, does it mean it is a matter of time to confirm the status of the estranged EEA spouse or there might be ifs and buts? :D