ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application considered but extended to senior caseworker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gladiator2012
Newly Registered

ILR application considered but extended to senior caseworker

Post by gladiator2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 am

Hi,

I went to Croydon PEO on 30th March 2012 for my ILR application and got hit by the IT systems issue. Hence had to submit all my documents and come back. Today I got a courtesy call from Home Office, but I could not pick up since I was in a work meeting. The voicemail stated that my 'ILR application has been considered but extended to senior caseworker'. I did not understand its meaning. Any idea what it means?

To give some background, I had absences above 90days.

longyard
Newly Registered

Post by longyard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:13 am

Hi Gladiator
It means the application is valid but they need a senior caseworker to look into the absence to see if it breaks continuity or not. From other posters in this forum I can see that absences above 90days usually require senior workers to decide (i.e. not on the spot decision).
Have you submitted any supporting documents re absences (e.g. letter from employer etc)

getrikin
Newly Registered

IRl extended to SCW on 30th march@croydon PEO

Post by getrikin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:44 am

Hi gladiator .same situation on same date mate !! I applied on 30th march12. And because of 90> business absenses. They have asked me more detail about my business trip. Well have u heard anything fom them ?send me email address and we could share the progress of our apps or reply here thanks

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: IRl extended to SCW on 30th march@croydon PEO

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:10 am

getrikin wrote:Hi gladiator .same situation on same date mate !! I applied on 30th march12. And because of 90> business absenses. They have asked me more detail about my business trip. Well have u heard anything fom them ?send me email address and we could share the progress of our apps or reply here thanks
what more detail they ask you about business trip can you please tell me in detail.

I'm submitting employer letter & contract and payment details.

is there any thing else they are asking or what . I'm going in person i am doing every thing to have decision on spot.

any recommendations ?

getrikin
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by getrikin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 am

Why I was sent to business trip in particular ?? And impact on business if I was not sent ? That's it buddy. These two question. Can you tell me that how can you go in person and expect reply on the spot ? How this procedure will work ? Well my company closed down so
I hve already sent reply explaining these 2 situation. So hopefully thy will except this. U will be fine as u have letter from employer. I had business trip letter back dated on 2009 when I made trip and company closed down . So m worried for my decesion mate !!!

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 am

getrikin wrote:Why I was sent to business trip in particular ?? And impact on business if I was not sent ? That's it buddy. These two question. Can you tell me that how can you go in person and expect reply on the spot ? How this procedure will work ? Well my company closed down so
I hve already sent reply explaining these 2 situation. So hopefully thy will except this. U will be fine as u have letter from employer. I had business trip letter back dated on 2009 when I made trip and company closed down . So m worried for my decesion mate !!!
thanks for the info. usually employer letter states dates and name etc they don't state that why it will impact their business.
i'm confused.
I was a contractor not permanent employee and i took the project and completed etc.
any further advice ?

did you tell UKBA that your company is closed ?

gladiator2012
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am

Yes, I have submitted a supporting letter from employer for the absence

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 am

gladiator2012 wrote:Yes, I have submitted a supporting letter from employer for the absence
did your letter state company is closed ??

How many absences you had ?

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 am

getrikin wrote:Why I was sent to business trip in particular ?? And impact on business if I was not sent ? That's it buddy. These two question. Can you tell me that how can you go in person and expect reply on the spot ? How this procedure will work ? Well my company closed down so
did they send you letter or on the day at PEO they asked you to submit letter stating these reasons ?>

gladiator2012
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 am

I am still working for the same company. It is not closed yet :)

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 am

gladiator2012 wrote:I am still working for the same company. It is not closed yet :)
sorry it was for getrikin,....

can you reply please getrikin

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Help Guys

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:59 am

Guys,

I am on a similar trouble. I have business absence more than 100 and personal 150 in last 5 yrs, but none of them more than 90 days in a stretch.

My problem is I never had a employer. I worked as an independent consultant, I worked and they paid me.

So will caseworker accept my letter from the company for whom I worked as an independent agent? ( I was not on their payroll ) I invoiced them every month and they paid to my UK bank account.

Please explain masters?

Thanks,

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Help Guys

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:29 pm

staffordjafar wrote:Guys,

I am on a similar trouble. I have business absence more than 100 and personal 150 in last 5 yrs, but none of them more than 90 days in a stretch.

My problem is I never had a employer. I worked as an independent consultant, I worked and they paid me.

So will caseworker accept my letter from the company for whom I worked as an independent agent? ( I was not on their payroll ) I invoiced them every month and they paid to my UK bank account.

Please explain masters?

Thanks,

you have to give your client details and bank statments , invoices etc .
You are self-employed.

I'm doing the same thing.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks Very Much!!

The invoice - should it be attested by the accountant?

Thanks,

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:16 pm

staffordjafar wrote:Thanks Very Much!!

The invoice - should it be attested by the accountant?

Thanks,
no you have to sign it and write RECEIVED on it.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello

There was an similar premium application situation of a member here->worth checking

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 01&start=0

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 pm

chweetgurl wrote:Hello

There was an similar premium application situation of a member here->worth checking

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 01&start=0
thanks for the link no words to thank you. this letter help me a lot even for others who were not talking this letter will now get it from employer .

thanks alot.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 pm

glad to hear it was of some help..Wish you good luck with your application fahadz

cheers

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 pm

chweetgurl wrote:glad to hear it was of some help..Wish you good luck with your application fahadz

cheers

thanks still 4 months to go. every day is full of stress as what will happen :(

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Not to worry just keep visiting the forum reading posts very helpful, They are making many changes in immigration lately and you are only 4 months away
you will be alright

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:19 pm

chweetgurl wrote:Not to worry just keep visiting the forum reading posts very helpful, They are making many changes in immigration lately and you are only 4 months away
you will be alright
thanks for the positive attitude. hope every budy will get