ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Application to UK - Worldbridge Istanbul

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alia84
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Application to UK - Worldbridge Istanbul

Post by alia84 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hello,

My wife an Iranian national applied for a spouse visa and travelled to Istanbul on the 27th February to hand in her application at the Worldbridge visa centre in Istanbul.

She was told (and has it documented) that she would get some sort of contact via email/phone to return to Istanbul to hand her passport.
Due to the UK embassy in Iran being shut all Iranian nationals get their passport back once they have handed their application form so they don’t have to stay in the country.

To date we have heard nothing back and have made countless amounts of enquires and they all more or less give a standard response - Settlement visa can take up to 12 weeks to process.

I would of accepted this but the fact that we were told on the day that we gave our application form and have it documented that we should get some sort of communication within 21 days is making me extremely worried.

Further a friend of ours is in Turkey at the moment and she went to the British Consulate in Istanbul and enquired on our behalf and they stated that we should have had some sort of communication by now.

Has anyone been in a similar position or know what the best course of action is? Maybe contact the UKBA office in London?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 am

some sort of communication is not a decision. You have contacted them and they have communicated to you that settlement applications can take up to 12 weeks (some take longer). If has been no where near 12 weeks so I am afraid you just need to wait.

The UKBA in London do not deal with entry clearance applications from Turkey so there is no point contacting them.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 am

Im not looking for a decision. Just worried as to why they would say they would be in touch within 21 days and the fact that my wife has to resubmit her passport but only when instructed to do so by Worldbridge?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

alia84 wrote:Im not looking for a decision. Just worried as to why they would say they would be in touch within 21 days and the fact that my wife has to resubmit her passport but only when instructed to do so by Worldbridge?
well she only need to resubmit her passport when they are ready to make a decision - which they obviously are not yet. The embassy have told you to wait - so you just need to wait.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Greenie for your feedback but i dont think you are getting my point.

1. Worldbrdige staff told me they would be in touch within 21 days
2. We have it documented stating that we have been notified of the 21 day process (signed by a Worldbridge staff)
3. The British Consulate in Istanbul said that we should of been contacted within 21 days.

Now that it has been 24 working days since submitting our application still not a word from anyone.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

alia84 wrote:Thanks Greenie for your feedback but i dont think you are getting my point.

1. Worldbrdige staff told me they would be in touch within 21 days
2. We have it documented stating that we have been notified of the 21 day process (signed by a Worldbridge staff)
3. The British Consulate in Istanbul said that we should of been contacted within 21 days.

Now that it has been 24 working days since submitting our application still not a word from anyone.
I understand your point - but you have contacted the embassy and they have told you that you need to wait longer - so that's what you need to do.