ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New LTR Approvals.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

starbuck

New LTR Approvals.

Post by starbuck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:57 pm

I have applied in aug-2011 and still nothing for me .. leave alone citizenship ( i am not that greedy though!!) but even LTR has not come by.

I wrote them a letter ( with p60 for 2011) as my visa is for update
( june-2012) and they replied back giving me a new number and said that i have to keep up my permission to stay in ireland.

Looks like they want me to get my visa renewed and maybe only then they would process mine ..

any new approvals and experiences in the same are welcome

thanks
*$

rayr7501

Re: New LTR Approvals.

Post by rayr7501 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 pm

starbuck wrote:I have applied in aug-2011 and still nothing for me .. leave alone citizenship ( i am not that greedy though!!) but even LTR has not come by.

( june-2012) and they replied back giving me a new number and said that i have to keep up my permission to stay in ireland.

Looks like they want me to get my visa renewed and maybe only then they would process mine ..

thanks

Hiya,
I got my LTR on Mon 27 th Feb.I applied end of Oct 2011 ....still waiting for naturalisation status though...

*$

alpha_1

Re: New LTR Approvals.

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:00 am

starbuck wrote:I have applied in aug-2011 and still nothing for me .. leave alone citizenship ( i am not that greedy though!!) but even LTR has not come by.

thanks
*$
Same as me, I am from May 2010 for naturalization nothing yet. Then I applied for LTR end of June 2011 and no word yet. I sent a letter couple of days with P60 asking for more updates because phone updates are always waiting for garda.

Its been 8 months for LTR and no news as of yet.

Lets see what they reply of my letter.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 pm

I called for my LTR and they said to me this time that they are waiting for "Inter Departmental Report" when I ask is this the Garda report he said he do not know because it just says this.

For the previous 1 - 2 months I have always been told that they are waiting for Garda now saying inter departmental report for LTR.

Does anybody has any experience with this? This is the first time I have ever heard about such kind of report?

Any ideas what this report is?

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm

alpha_1 wrote:I called for my LTR and they said to me this time that they are waiting for "Inter Departmental Report" when I ask is this the Garda report he said he do not know because it just says this.

For the previous 1 - 2 months I have always been told that they are waiting for Garda now saying inter departmental report for LTR.

Does anybody has any experience with this? This is the first time I have ever heard about such kind of report?

When is your visa up for renewal ? Maybe you and me are in the same ship .. almost!!

thanks
*$

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

starbuck wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:I called for my LTR and they said to me this time that they are waiting for "Inter Departmental Report" when I ask is this the Garda report he said he do not know because it just says this.

When is your visa up for renewal ? Maybe you and me are in the same ship .. almost!!

thanks
*$
Next Year April..... Hope so they are not going to make me wait that long :(

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:21 pm

alpha_1 wrote: Next Year April..... Hope so they are not going to make me wait that long :(
--> well u never ever know .. but i hope u are not among them :-)

thanks
*$

igars
Newly Registered

Post by igars » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm

starbuck wrote:
alpha_1 wrote: Next Year April..... Hope so they are not going to make me wait that long :(
--> well u never ever know .. but i hope u are not among them :-)

thanks
*$

Guys, i am also waiting for LTR since june 2011 and stamp4 is due for renewal.

Do you know, if they renew my stamp4, if I have no job at the moment? Which documents are usually asked for stamp4 renewal?

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Any new LTR approvals ?? I have written to them and they have advised that its in processing ..
any new approvals .. please share some thoughts ..

thanks
*$

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am

starbuck wrote:Any new LTR approvals ?? I have written to them and they have advised that its in processing ..

thanks
*$
I applied for LTR end of Oct 2011...I got approval end of Feb and after paying
The 500euros fees , I eventually got certificate within 1 week i.e 2nd April...

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am

rayr7501 wrote:
starbuck wrote:Any new LTR approvals ?? I have written to them and they have advised that its in processing ..

thanks
*$
Hi Guys,

I got my LTR approval last week and sent 500 Euros after 9 month wait. Today I called INIS and they told me that they have updated my record for citizenship and now they are still waiting for my NATURALIZATION GARDA REPORT. I asked are you not going to use the same garda report that you just received for my LTR, she said well no, its a new ONE, but my application will speed up because of LTR.

When asked about time she said don't know but it will speed up. don't know what it means....

She said next ceremony is on 14th of June 2012. I applied in May 2010 for Naturalization

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:28 am

rayr7501 wrote:

thanks
*$
Have you got your Citizenship letter after LTR?

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
rayr7501 wrote:

thanks
*$
Have you got your Citizenship letter after LTR?

NO, NOTHING YET...APPLIED IN DEC 2010...

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 am

I got a letter asking for 1. Current Employment Contract 2. Employment letter. I have send both of them ..

any clue as to what are the next steps .. i guess they would approve my LTR and would be asked to send 500 quid .. and then send me the LTR approval ..
any time lines as to when they would be completed ? my visa expires in first week of june ..

please share your time lines.

thanks
*$

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Post by PaddyBoy » Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Starbuck,

I have applied in June 2011 and received a letter asking for my employment contract and a letter from the employer.

Have you received your approval yet? I am also waiting for citizenship, do you think it makes sense to get LTR or waiting for citizenship makes more sense?

Cheers,
PaddyBoy

starbuck wrote:I got a letter asking for 1. Current Employment Contract 2. Employment letter. I have send both of them ..

any clue as to what are the next steps .. i guess they would approve my LTR and would be asked to send 500 quid .. and then send me the LTR approval ..
any time lines as to when they would be completed ? my visa expires in first week of june ..

please share your time lines.

thanks
*$

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am

PaddyBoy wrote:Hi Starbuck,
I have applied in June 2011 and received a letter asking for my employment contract and a letter from the employer.
Have you received your approval yet? I am also waiting for citizenship, do you think it makes sense to get LTR or waiting for citizenship makes more sense?
Cheers,
PaddyBoy
I am done with LTR. I got the emp contract request and have posted the same. In 2 days got a call for 500 euro and once sent got the approval letter in another 2 days. My visa expires in Jun-12 so i have renewed the same. I am sending these details to the citizenship division this weekend. Hopefully make it to august 30 session.

Thanks
*$

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm

I got the same in january and posted the details, I got a letter confirming updating of records. I called up the other week I got an answer waiting for garda reports & when I enquired the reports were recently done for my LTR they advised me to resend the LTR papers and no assurance that my citizenship application will be fast tracked.

EMAB
Newly Registered

Post by EMAB » Tue May 15, 2012 6:57 pm

I have applied in Feb 11 and got LTR approval in March 11. Then applied for citizenship and till now no response from citizenship division.

IIE12
Newly Registered

Post by IIE12 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:34 am

Hi All,
Today I got LTR approval letter asking for the prescribed fee for Long Term Residency which is €500.

I read some posts here that they asking first Current Employment Contract & Employment letter. But letter which I received its only mentioned to pay €500
My question is , Should I first pay first € 500 then they will ask me for contract and employment letter ?.

Also, Could you please share your experience/ timeline after approval

Many Thanks

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 am

IIE12 --> Congrats on the approval. Just send them the 500 euro. You would get the approval letter ( official) in 3-5 days. Go to GNIB and get yourself stamped for 5 years.

Do send a copy of the letter and the gnib to citizenship department. It 'might' help in earlier processing.

thanks
*$

IIE12
Newly Registered

Post by IIE12 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am

starbuck wrote:IIE12 --> Congrats on the approval. Just send them the 500 euro. You would get the approval letter ( official) in 3-5 days. Go to GNIB and get yourself stamped for 5 years.

Do send a copy of the letter and the gnib to citizenship department. It 'might' help in earlier processing.

thanks
*$
Thanks *$ ,

How did you get on ?

Cheers

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue May 29, 2012 12:18 pm

IIE12 --> i am done with all of that .. paid the 500 and got my gnib done and sent them to the citizenship department.

thanks
*$

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue May 29, 2012 8:07 pm

same here man, I got my approval for LTR 6 months back and since than waiting for approval from citizenship division but till now no luck. I have sent LTR documents but probably August 2011 applicants are not being processed presently.

gvgdhar
Newly Registered

Post by gvgdhar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Just to let you know I had applied for my LTR in Oct'2011 and got a letter requesting for employer letter and my contract letter. So it took around 9 months.

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:22 am

Applied for LTR August 2011, received letter asking for additional documents on 1st of June. LTR approved on 6th of June. So little short of a full year to approve. Now waiting on Naturalisation. Is there any benefit to send my LTR approval letter to them?