ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KVP51
Newly Registered

Post by KVP51 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

Guys,

Do you think posts will be delivered this Saturday or we assume that being a long weekend it will be a lazy one for Royal mail as well ?

Just me keeping hopes !!

VN

Post by VN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 pm

oct2011 wrote:So it looks like apart from teluguabbayi no one else has received good news this week? I was really hoping for a push from UKBA to get as many passports out as possible before the easter break. Damn! What is up with the 2 week delay between ILR stamp date and actually posting the passport? I'd bet that most of the Oct 2011 ones are done and are just awaiting posting.
I think the last two weeks have been the most stressful. It's encouraging to see when other people are getting their passports back because it makes you feel that process is going and you should get some news soon as well. But it's very depressing when things are that quite. I think with all the latest changes within the immigration system, like fees, forms, recent IT problem, God knows what else, I just can't stop wondering if all these haven't affected their work and all our applications have been put aside for a while.

I've just realised the person I wish to see the most knocking at my door is my local postman with a sign for delivery )))

VN

Post by VN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 pm

KVP51 wrote:Guys,

Do you think posts will be delivered this Saturday or we assume that being a long weekend it will be a lazy one for Royal mail as well ?

Just me keeping hopes !!
I think Royal Mail is working on Saturday, since it's a working day and not a bank holiday. However, after such a quiet week, I would be very surprised to see any passports coming back from the BA this week

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Maybe after these two long weeks with almost no news there will be a breakthrough and many people from the list will get their ILRs...
Just dreaming.... :roll:

VN

Post by VN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Guys, did your confirmation letter included the names of your dependants as well or just the name of the main applicant? Please advise

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 pm

My letter included my name as the main applicant and names of my two children as my dependants.

VN

Post by VN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Preacher wrote:My letter included my name as the main applicant and names of my two children as my dependants.
I'm really worried now. I asked my MP to chase the BA for an update. I gave him the reference number I've got in my confirmation letter which he used for making the enquiry. He couldn't get through to the caseworker but the person answering the phone, said that the reference number covers only me and they have nothing on the system regarding my husband. Indeed, the confirmation letter we received it was addressed to me only and it was in relation to my application. I thought that it's because my husband is a dependent on my application. Now, I don't know what to believe and I don't have a slightest idea what the hell is going on in their offices. What if they lost his passports? What if they didn't even started looking at our cases? Can't describe my feelings now!

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi VN,

Sorry, I gave you wrong information.

I thought you were asking about the letter that your employer give you to send to Home Office.
No, in the confirmation letter from Home Office only the name of the main applicant is mentioned.
In the past when I applied for extension of my visa it was the same - only my name indicated and there was nothing about my children, but children were automatically included in my case.

Sorry for misunderstanding!

Best regards,

VN

Post by VN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Preacher wrote:Hi VN,

Sorry, I gave you wrong information.

I thought you were asking about the letter that your employer give you to send to Home Office.
No, in the confirmation letter from Home Office only the name of the main applicant is mentioned.
In the past when I applied for extension of my visa it was the same - only my name indicated and there was nothing about my children, but children were automatically included in my case.

Sorry for misunderstanding!

Best regards,
No worries, Preacher. Thanks for clarifying this for me, feel sooo much better... I can't wait for the update from my MP... I doubt he will get through to the case worker today though so the earliest I can expect some news is at some point next week. I don't even want to mention to my husband yet about all this, since it's too much stress at the moment. So, will sit quietly, pray and wait

Girtbysea
Newly Registered

Another October Applicant

Post by Girtbysea » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I've been watching this thread more and more over the last few weeks as I get more irritated by the length in time that it's taken to process my ILR application.

Here are my details:

SET(O) JR
Applied: 6/10/11

I don't have the other dates(money taken, confirmation) handy but they were shortly after.

Looking forward to my 6 month anniversary when they will actually allow me to enquire!

bump

Re: Another October Applicant

Post by bump » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Girtbysea wrote:I've been watching this thread more and more over the last few weeks as I get more irritated by the length in time that it's taken to process my ILR application.

Here are my details:

SET(O) JR
Applied: 6/10/11

I don't have the other dates(money taken, confirmation) handy but they were shortly after.

Looking forward to my 6 month anniversary when they will actually allow me to enquire!
i can see HO facing another Judicial Review from all the SET(O) JR people.

balu114
Newly Registered

Post by balu114 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello All,

I am so glad I remembered this website!!

My timings are:

Posted on 11-Nov-2011
Ack. Letter Date: 15-Nov-2011
Fee Withdrawn: 16-Nov-2011
Letter received: 19-Nov-2011

I have been waiting for nearly 5 months. I wasn't worried before but now I need my passport to process loans and it's getting critical!!

When I applied, I thought the waiting times webpage said 14 weeks... I am not sure if it has changed or if it's a false memory.

Regards,
balu

bump

Post by bump » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Preacher wrote:Maybe after these two long weeks with almost no news there will be a breakthrough and many people from the list will get their ILRs...
Just dreaming.... :roll:
dreaming is the only option... nice smiley.

Girtbysea
Newly Registered

Post by Girtbysea » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Bump - I think this is the HO's revenge.

Yes, I agree balu114. I was also sure it stated something like 90% will be processed in 14 weeks when I applied. At the time I didn't mind waiting that long.

Roby Ng
Newly Registered

No Acknowledgement Letter After 4 Months

Post by Roby Ng » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:14 am

Hello,

I still haven't received my Acknowledgement After 4 months. I submitted my application on 22nd of Nov,2011 by Special delivery. They have received my document according to royal mail tracking. I don't know why I still haven't received my Acknowledgement letter. Is there an successful case, which didn't received the letter and get the Visa finally? I am a bit worry about my application. According to my company said they took the money already. My fee was paid by my company. Do you think it is a problem?

lupilu
Newly Registered

Post by lupilu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 pm

hi , any one applied set m after 29 feb? did any one got brp letter?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:34 pm

2ndclassC wrote:I know there is no method to the way the home office process our visas but do you all think that people who applied before the biometrics came in should have there visas processed first??? That they should get rid of the backlog??
Our is there just to much common sense there?
2ndclassC

I would like to agree with you, but unfortunately, that's not the case, the case workers may find the applications with biometrics easier to process.... who doesn't want an easy life? I have sent mine before the new rule, and I have come to the realisation that I made a big mistake, by applying before the new rule came into existence, all because I wanted the stamp in my passport, I truely regret, not waiting.

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm

oct2011 wrote:
youoz wrote: I know, and agree, we should all practice patience in life but there are times in life when it's mightily difficult to do ... this ILR process being one of them!!! Speaking for myself only now, I found myself being FORCED to do a postal application after having turned up at the PEO for my appointment to only be told that my case cannot be reviewed there and then and I must do a postal application. I was told that recent internal emails sent out within HO now means that cases where one has been out of the UK for more than 180 days in the last 5 years (even if it's all weekend trips and annual leave days set out neatly in a spreadsheet) is not a "simple case" and cannot be seen at a PEO. I see the HO website has yet to make this clear to all.

I have had a number friends (as recently as a month before me) go through the same process at a PEO (all with more than 180 days out of the country) and they were all successful and got their passports back that day. So yes, I thought I would have been seen at the PEO and had booked trips for later in May when my husband's folks come over and stay with us ... and travel with us (well, it may now be travel with him and not me :cry: ).

I am now considering pulling my application - I know this will mean I no longer have a visa but that's how drastic it is when your in-laws travel halfway around the world expecting to travel with you and not be able to!!! But I should be able to apply for a spousal visa (and reset the clock ticking again for citizenship!) but I need to go back to Oz to do that application which is more cost!!!

Does anyone actually know / can tell me how long it takes for your documents / passport to be sent back to you once it's been requested?

Also, if I was to request my passport be returned, I think I have 28 days to leave the country - but I would want to do our 2 planned trips with the in-laws before I fly back to Oz to do a spousal visa, does anyone know whether immigration will let me back in the country after travelling????
I believe if you call the 0870 number there is some recorded information on how long it takes to get your documents back once you've requested them. I seem to remember it was something like 3 weeks but I could be wrong..I didn't pay much attention to that bit. I think it would be very risky to try to get back into the country without a valid visa...you would be at the mercy of the immigration officer there on the day and you can't know how that will go.
Hi Oct2011!

I sympathise with you, but I would advice you, to wait, do not withdraw your application, as you may regret it, you may never know, they may return your docs in time for you to travel with your in-laws. If you do not get it, please wait, it is worth the wait, you can make as much trips as you wish after receiving it, you've been waiting ages for it, a few more months won't harm you, do you agree with me??????

Loveislovely

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: No Acknowledgement Letter After 4 Months

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Roby Ng wrote:Hello,

I still haven't received my Acknowledgement After 4 months. I submitted my application on 22nd of Nov,2011 by Special delivery. They have received my document according to royal mail tracking. I don't know why I still haven't received my Acknowledgement letter. Is there an successful case, which didn't received the letter and get the Visa finally? I am a bit worry about my application. According to my company said they took the money already. My fee was paid by my company. Do you think it is a problem?
Hi Roby!

You do not need to worry, it happens all the time, some people do not receive any acknowledgement letter, yet their application goes on to be successful, keep your hopes up. I think you may soon get good news.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:03 pm

youoz wrote:
VN wrote:
Sara2012 wrote: I am surprised that people are planning holidays abroad not knowing whether they will have their passport at the time.

people book their holidays months in advance, sometimes even 6 months in advance (not an unreasonable time to believe you'll get the passports back) because they can't pay for expensive tickets at short notice
I know, and agree, we should all practice patience in life but there are times in life when it's mightily difficult to do ... this ILR process being one of them!!! Speaking for myself only now, I found myself being FORCED to do a postal application after having turned up at the PEO for my appointment to only be told that my case cannot be reviewed there and then and I must do a postal application. I was told that recent internal emails sent out within HO now means that cases where one has been out of the UK for more than 180 days in the last 5 years (even if it's all weekend trips and annual leave days set out neatly in a spreadsheet) is not a "simple case" and cannot be seen at a PEO. I see the HO website has yet to make this clear to all.

I have had a number friends (as recently as a month before me) go through the same process at a PEO (all with more than 180 days out of the country) and they were all successful and got their passports back that day. So yes, I thought I would have been seen at the PEO and had booked trips for later in May when my husband's folks come over and stay with us ... and travel with us (well, it may now be travel with him and not me :cry: ).

I am now considering pulling my application - I know this will mean I no longer have a visa but that's how drastic it is when your in-laws travel halfway around the world expecting to travel with you and not be able to!!! But I should be able to apply for a spousal visa (and reset the clock ticking again for citizenship!) but I need to go back to Oz to do that application which is more cost!!!

Does anyone actually know / can tell me how long it takes for your documents / passport to be sent back to you once it's been requested?

Also, if I was to request my passport be returned, I think I have 28 days to leave the country - but I would want to do our 2 planned trips with the in-laws before I fly back to Oz to do a spousal visa, does anyone know whether immigration will let me back in the country after travelling????
All i could suggest is for you to contact local MP and explain your situation of urgent travel plan and see if they agree to take up your case to HO..

RQI

Applied October 2011. Still no reply

Post by RQI » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:43 am

I used the postal application and received my letter of acknowledgement on the 18th October 2011. They took the application fee the same day and I still have not heard anything back from the HO yet. It's now just over 24 weeks and a lot of people who applied after me have received their passports back.

It seems like there is nothing anyone can do to speed up the process. My locam MP has called them twice and the answer has been the same, that they will look at the asap. The agent I used has also tried to call them and they have said the same to them.

Looks like the only thing I can do now is wait. I hope it will be returned soon.

MiraclePrayer
Newly Registered

Still waiting ....

Post by MiraclePrayer » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 am

Hey ... been a while since I've been here. Just to update my status ... still waiting to hear from ukba. Phoned them and they said its being considered. Guess I've gotta wait a bit more. Wonder how Speed 120 and SET(O)ILR_JR are coping. God bless ya all !!

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 am

balu114 wrote:Hello All,

I am so glad I remembered this website!!

My timings are:

Posted on 11-Nov-2011
Ack. Letter Date: 15-Nov-2011
Fee Withdrawn: 16-Nov-2011
Letter received: 19-Nov-2011

I have been waiting for nearly 5 months. I wasn't worried before but now I need my passport to process loans and it's getting critical!!

When I applied, I thought the waiting times webpage said 14 weeks... I am not sure if it has changed or if it's a false memory.

Regards,
balu
I believe when we applied in October 2011 the website already said 6 months, but the change may have been made shortly before.

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 am

Loveislovely wrote:
oct2011 wrote:
youoz wrote: I know, and agree, we should all practice patience in life but there are times in life when it's mightily difficult to do ... this ILR process being one of them!!! Speaking for myself only now, I found myself being FORCED to do a postal application after having turned up at the PEO for my appointment to only be told that my case cannot be reviewed there and then and I must do a postal application. I was told that recent internal emails sent out within HO now means that cases where one has been out of the UK for more than 180 days in the last 5 years (even if it's all weekend trips and annual leave days set out neatly in a spreadsheet) is not a "simple case" and cannot be seen at a PEO. I see the HO website has yet to make this clear to all.

I believe if you call the 0870 number there is some recorded information on how long it takes to get your documents back once you've requested them. I seem to remember it was something like 3 weeks but I could be wrong..I didn't pay much attention to that bit. I think it would be very risky to try to get back into the country without a valid visa...you would be at the mercy of the immigration officer there on the day and you can't know how that will go.
Hi Oct2011!

I sympathise with you, but I would advice you, to wait, do not withdraw your application, as you may regret it, you may never know, they may return your docs in time for you to travel with your in-laws. If you do not get it, please wait, it is worth the wait, you can make as much trips as you wish after receiving it, you've been waiting ages for it, a few more months won't harm you, do you agree with me??????

Loveislovely
I agree with you Loveislovely but it's not me that's considering withdrawing my application, it's youoz. I just answered some of youoz's questions. :)

RQI

Post by RQI » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

Has anyone had any luck with contacting someone at the HO after waiting months and then have had their applications looked at faster? By the sounds of it, the HO looks at the people who pays the premium servce first and then when they have time, looks at the postal ones at ramdom.

If there is some way of getting hold of the actual caseworker that has been assigned to my application, I don't think contacting them after waiting 6 months is unreasonable.