ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Widowed Mom !!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aloevera2
Newly Registered

Widowed Mom !!

Post by Aloevera2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:13 pm

My Girl friend and her sister hold British passports via work permits ( nurses )

Recently there dad past away and there mother is alone in a commonwealth country she is finding it hard to cope financially and suffers from depression as she is alone now.

What options are open for them to bring there mother to the UK ?

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Widowed Mom !!

Post by Chess » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:27 pm

Aloevera2 wrote:My Girl friend and her sister hold British passports via work permits ( nurses )

Recently there dad past away and there mother is alone in a commonwealth country she is finding it hard to cope financially and suffers from depression as she is alone now.

What options are open for them to bring there mother to the UK ?
They can sponsor her as a depedant. Paperwork is quite lenghthy but doable
Where there is a will there is a way.

Aloevera2
Newly Registered

Post by Aloevera2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 pm

whats the name of the form and the requirements , any ideas ?

Ellie
Newly Registered

Post by Ellie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi, I think you should get a good solicitor for this one, it is not as easy as just filling a form yourslef...
I think you must establish in every way that the mom is 100% dependent on her daughters only..
they may need to go and visit her a lot and say that she can't live without them and that is affecting thier work, send her money and keep reciepts, call her every day, ask a doctor in ur country to write a report that she is depressed and needs to be with her daughter (just some ideas) :D ...
I think it is complicated but really doable with a big folder of evidence... But get a solicitor and prepare well or ur mom will be refused...
Good Luck

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:22 am

Aloevera2 wrote:whats the name of the form and the requirements , any ideas ?
Have a look at "Can parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives go to live in the UK? " in leaflet INF 6 on the UKVisas website. That should give you a start, at least, Aloevera2...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

VikramB
Newly Registered

Post by VikramB » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Hey ALoevera,

Did your girlfriend make an application for her mother?

What was the outcome?

Thanks,
Vik