ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jazz81
Newly Registered

plz help

Post by jazz81 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi All,

I applied for tier 1 extension , last week on march. I included my debit card details for payment. The payment has not yet been taken as I am aware that there are delays. But yesterday my card was compromised and now I am confused as what I should do. If I call bank then the bank will block my card and stop all the payments which means UKBA will not be able to take payment and return my document.

Has any one been through this situation , please help

jan77

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

I think you need to contact your Bank as soon as possible because if you do not do so, you risk someone spending the money meant for for the payments. The Bank should advice you on what to do. I was in a refund situation in the past. I lost my card before the goods that I ordered on-line was delivered, I needed a refund for those goods, the refund went through my account hassle free while I reported to the bank that I lost my Card. Contact your bank immediately for further advice, since mine was a refund case opposite of your situation...I Reckon you Contact your Bank and explain your situation. let them tell you what they can do

OR

on the contrary if you are very sure your card is safe from unauthorised use and that you only misplaced it in the house or something, wait till the payments go through before you request another one.

hope that helps... let us know what action your Bank took and Good luck with your application
The purpose of this world is God

jazz81
Newly Registered

Post by jazz81 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:05 pm

jan77 wrote:I think you need to contact your Bank as soon as possible because if you do not do so, you risk someone spending the money meant for for the payments. The Bank should advice you on what to do. I was in a refund situation in the past. I lost my card before the goods that I ordered on-line was delivered, I needed a refund for those goods, the refund went through my account hassle free while I reported to the bank that I lost my Card. Contact your bank immediately for further advice, since mine was a refund case opposite of your situation...I Reckon you Contact your Bank and explain your situation. let them tell you what they can do

OR

on the contrary if you are very sure your card is safe from unauthorised use and that you only misplaced it in the house or something, wait till the payments go through before you request another one.

hope that helps... let us know what action your Bank took and Good luck with your application
Just called HO and asked if there is any way I can send postal order or changed my bank details. The answer was NO which I kind of expected. Any how I called my bank and informed them of fraudulent transaction. They said they will call me back after their initial investigation

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: plz help

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm

jazz81 wrote:Hi All,

I applied for tier 1 extension , last week on march. I included my debit card details for payment. The payment has not yet been taken as I am aware that there are delays. But yesterday my card was compromised and now I am confused as what I should do. If I call bank then the bank will block my card and stop all the payments which means UKBA will not be able to take payment and return my document.

I would have suggested, check first what your bank says. If they would block your card, then check whether the Return of Documents from UKBA would work for you?
With different experiences from many UKBA, usually may not give you the best advise here. So if you have leave remaining and can risk asking for return of your documents (check how much that takes), then it may be something you should try
Let us know how you get on, might help others

jazz81
Newly Registered

Re: plz help

Post by jazz81 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am

silent_warrior wrote:
jazz81 wrote:Hi All,

I would have suggested, check first what your bank says. If they would block your card, then check whether the Return of Documents from UKBA would work for you?
With different experiences from many UKBA, usually may not give you the best advise here. So if you have leave remaining and can risk asking for return of your documents (check how much that takes), then it may be something you should try
Let us know how you get on, might help others
Thanks for your response. The fraudulent transaction was made online (through internet banking). The bank has suspended my internet banking but my card will work as usual.
By the way I also called UKBA to ask how long it will take to return my documents. The guy said he is not sure about it. He also said the documents cannot be returned at this point because there is no reference number (going through the timeline of other people, I dont think they have opened my documents).