ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent information required for psw dependants funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asimferoz
Newly Registered

urgent information required for psw dependants funds

Post by asimferoz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

hello guys i need urgent information about the maintenance funds requirements for the psw dependant visa outside uk.
I am in uk since 3.5 years and got tier 1 psw 2 months ago. I am married and my wife is in pakistan and never have applied to uk before. Now i want to start preparing the bank statement for her dependant visa. I want to know how much funds i would have to keep for 90 days. I would be applying after june 2012.
It would b only 600?
Or 900+600?
Or 3100?
Or something else?
As the dependent is outside uk and would be applying ist time some people say it would be 1800 or 1800+900.
i have consulted solicitors but everyone is telling different amounts. So i need ur help guys. Many thanks.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: urgent information required for psw dependants funds

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:44 pm

asimferoz wrote:hello guys i need urgent information about the maintenance funds requirements for the psw dependant visa outside uk.
I am in uk since 3.5 years and got tier 1 psw 2 months ago. I am married and my wife is in pakistan and never have applied to uk before. Now i want to start preparing the bank statement for her dependant visa. I want to know how much funds i would have to keep for 90 days. I would be applying after june 2012.
It would b only 600?
Or 900+600?
Or 3100?
Or something else?
As the dependent is outside uk and would be applying ist time some people say it would be 1800 or 1800+900.
i have consulted solicitors but everyone is telling different amounts. So i need ur help guys. Many thanks.
You will need £633
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

asimferoz
Newly Registered

Post by asimferoz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

thanx for ur reply.could u plz tell 633 or 600?

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Family member of a Tier 1 migrant (Excluding Tier 1 Investor dependants and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent dependants)
43. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. Please note dependants of Tier 1 Investors do not need to satisfy the maintenance requirement.
44. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
45. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
46. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
47. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

This is a copy paste from Home office guideline, obviously the amount stated will change from June 2012, but what I want to stress that you will have to show 900 + 600 as the guidence state that you should have additional fund.
One of my collegue's wife dependent application was rejected on the same ground, so be careful

Regards

asimferoz
Newly Registered

Post by asimferoz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

thanks black 7 for reply..could u plz tell how much funds ur colleague maintained or showed for visa of his wife?

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 pm

asimferoz wrote:thanks black 7 for reply..could u plz tell how much funds ur colleague maintained or showed for visa of his wife?
He showed just about 600 in the initial application thinking that she require only 533, but her visa was refused. Infact the wife showed her account from India, and when they re applied my friend showed from his account ( he had plenty in his account). They were regretting their decision and cursing on their stupidity and that is why I warned you, there is no reason for taking the risk, just keep amount for both you and ur wife

Regards

asimferoz
Newly Registered

Post by asimferoz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 am

thnx black7 for ur cooperation i m grateful to u.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:39 am

See this thread

if only your wife is applying then only she will need to show funds. You don't also need funds for yourself.

asimferoz
Newly Registered

Post by asimferoz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:59 pm

for black7: i took phone advice from famous malik solicitor from bethenal green london. he said that u have to show 3100 ( which is entry clearance for tier 1 from out side uk as my wife would be appyling for pbs depandant entry clearance from pakistan ) + 900 ( for my own self ) = £4000

does it make sense to u??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:55 pm

asimferoz wrote:for black7: i took phone advice from famous malik solicitor from bethenal green london. he said that u have to show 3100 ( which is entry clearance for tier 1 from out side uk as my wife would be appyling for pbs depandant entry clearance from pakistan ) + 900 ( for my own self ) = £4000

sounds like complete nonsense to me.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:16 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
asimferoz wrote:hello guys i need urgent information about the maintenance funds requirements for the psw dependant visa outside uk.
It would b only 600?
Or 900+600?
Or 3100?
Or something else?
You will need £633

My dependant is less than 12 months and i will apply after june 14th 2012

how much maintenance funds i need to keep ?

i will apply end of june and my statement comes on 6th june. so i need to keep till 6th june is tht correct ?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 am

Greenie wrote:
asimferoz wrote:for black7: i took phone advice from famous malik solicitor from bethenal green london. he said that u have to show 3100 ( which is entry clearance for tier 1 from out side uk as my wife would be appyling for pbs depandant entry clearance from pakistan ) + 900 ( for my own self ) = £4000

sounds like complete nonsense to me.
I second that!
Asimferoz, try searching through the forum, there are many posts with a similar situation to yours. One link was already provided by Greenie.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:45 am

fahadz1 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:
It would b only 600?
Or 900+600?
Or 3100?
Or something else?
You will need £633

My dependant is less than 12 months and i will apply after june 14th 2012

how much maintenance funds i need to keep ?

i will apply end of june and my statement comes on 6th june. so i need to keep till 6th june is tht correct ?
You might want to check the link provided by Greenie above