ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - PEO Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

csakhan
Newly Registered

ILR - PEO Application

Post by csakhan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for my ILR soon. I have two dependants wife and a one year old (born in UK).
My question is, Can I apply just for myself at the time of my application or do I have to include my dependants as well. (Wife has spent 2 yrs in UK)
I am planning to send the dependant applications later.
Will appreciate any answers.

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 am

Hi

If your wife has spended 2 years in the UK already and if her visa is expiring with your which is definitely the case you've to apply for your wife together with you and you don't have to apply for your child ILR instead you've to apply for MN1 for your child.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Smam,
Thanks for your reply,
My current Tier1 visa is valid till Apr 2014 (I switched from WP to Tier1) and so is my wife's visa as she is a PBS dependant. So her visa is expiring in Apr 2014.
In the light of above, can you please clarify if I still have to apply my wife's visa with me.
Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Mate

To be honest with you in that case scenario you can hold your wifes visa application and just submitt yours for the ILR.

But if you take my advice dont look at saving these few odd quids the way and the speed they're changing the rules I would never ever advice you to hold your wife ILR at all just do it along with your appointment at the PEO and let it be done and dusted out of the way.

Good luck for your ILR.