ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new passport visa stamping

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

new passport visa stamping

Post by david1955 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Everyone,
I hope anyone can help me with my situation. Recently the appeal for my wife dependent visa was overturned and we were asked to submit my wife passport in british high commision in india. We submitted the passport, but unfortunately british high commision has lost our passport (although they are not accepting this) .

Now my wife is about the apply for duplicate passport, which i guess will be issued within a week under fast track scheme , but i guess she will be issued with new passport number and not the old passport number.

can anybody help me with this following questions :

(1) As new passport number will be issued , does my wife has to apply for visa again ? or the old passport along with the visa acceptance letter will work?
(2) If yes to my first question, will my wife has to give the biometrics again?

Response to my following question will be highly appreciated..

Regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 pm

No she will not have to reapply or take biometrics (as they should already have these).Its the BHC fault if they have lost passport.They should stamp visa in new passport.

Once you hand a passport into the BHC or its handling agents,it becomes their responsibility to take care of documents

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 am

Do you have a record that they received it, if so then should be no problem . But if you sent it and they did not receive it , it will be more problematic .

If it has been lost in transit to them and your new passport shows it was lost should not be too difficult .
pennyless

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:23 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:Do you have a record that they received it, if so then should be no problem . But if you sent it and they did not receive it , it will be more problematic .

If it has been lost in transit to them and your new passport shows it was lost should not be too difficult .
hi thanks for your reply,
I posted the documents, and they recieved my documents , last monday. my wife passport and photographs were in a small envelope inside the big envelope. they come back to us on wednesday , 2 days after they have recieved our documents saying they havent recieved my wife passport , which i believe they have lost it somewhere in there office in those couple of days...I dont have got any proof about where its been lost.

Now my wife is applying for a new passport and i believe her old passport number will show on the new passport back page and that it was lost. Do you think this will be problematic or not? and whther she will have to give the biometrics again?

regards
Last edited by david1955 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:25 pm

hi thanks for your reply,
I posted the documents, and they recieved my documents , last monday. my wife passport and photographs were in a small envelope inside the big envelope. they come back to us on wednesday , 2 days after they have recieved our documents saying they havent recieved my wife passport , which i believe they have lost it somewhere in there office in those couple of days...I dont have got any proof about where its been lost.

Now my wife is applying for a new passport and i believe her old passport number will show on the new passport back page and that it was lost. Do you think this will be problematic or not? and whther she will have to give the biometrics again?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am

david1955 wrote:hi thanks for your reply,

Did you really send a passport in the post? You may also submit police report to show loss
you may have to carry put the biometrics if you submit a new passport
pennyless

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
david1955 wrote:hi thanks for your reply,

Did you really send a passport in the post? You may also submit police report to show loss
you may have to carry put the biometrics if you submit a new passport
thanks for your reply.
yes we did send the passport in the post. Either its lost in the post or in the embassy but i doubt that it was lost in the post. and the embassy is not taking the blame on itself , so they are just trying to take the advantage of the postage, by saying they never recieved it.

But i will take the new passport and on the back of the new passport , it will have the old passport number and that it was lost. so i belive that will be quite sufficient?