ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension approved - PEO @ Glasgow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ldbright

Tier 1 extension approved - PEO @ Glasgow

Post by ldbright » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:10 am

My case: 1 main app + 1 dependant. Employed.
I won't list my documents as they are quite standard, just want to clear some concerns which got asked a lot here:

1. CW did not ask for the photocopies of the documents at all. 
2. Glasgow office do not accept bankers draft. Card payment went through without a hitch. 
3. Duplicate bank statements ordered from the bank are totally fine without stamp and sign. 
4. The first question CW asked even before looking at my application is : are you self employed or employed? I answered self employees by mistake and he shaked his head and looked concerned. I corrected myself immediately by saying 'employed', he asked further, 'are you the only employee of the company' and I answered no. He then took my case and start to check my documents. So I guess, if your case is not straightforward, try to avoid Glasgow.
5. Staff are friendly but also strict and professional.
6. Visa was granted from the date of application NOT expiry, when questioned, the CW confirmed this by saying :'some people believe that visa will be extended from the expiry date, which is wrong, it will be granted from the day of application. '. It was ok for me as i applied within 28 days.

That's all, thanks everyone who helped on the forum, and for us real tier 1 people, it has been a rocky journey. However, if you are a genuine highly skilled immigrant,can score required points and your documents are prepared according to the guideline, then there is nothing to worry about as CWs are professional.
Hope everything will turn out to be ok at the end. Good luck everyone!

Vega

Post by Vega » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Visa was granted from the date of application NOT expiry, when questioned, the CW confirmed this by saying :'some people believe that visa will be extended from the expiry date, which is wrong, it will be granted from the day of application. '
The CW was an idiot. I renewed my visa more than 28 days early and still my visa was renewed from end of current leave.

Sahib

Re: Tier 1 extension approved - PEO @ Glasgow

Post by Sahib » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

ldbright wrote: 4. The first question CW asked even before looking at my application is : are you self employed or employed? I answered self employees by mistake and he shaked his head and looked concerned. I corrected myself immediately by saying 'employed', he asked further, 'are you the only employee of the company' and I answered no. He then took my case and start to check my documents. So I guess, if your case is not straightforward, try to avoid Glasgow.!
Congrates first of all.

I think he only asked you for the sake of question, does this really matter if you are employee or self-employed and wheather you are the only employee in company?

Senior members might be able to make some comments.