ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any way i can speed up my application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nonsou
Newly Registered

Is there any way i can speed up my application?

Post by nonsou » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I have done my biometric on the 12th March and yet to recieve the pswv biometric card.

I desperately need the pswv out asap, is there anyway i can speed up the process of my application? Even at an extra cost? I wnt mind right now!

I have friends that did their biometrics exactly a week before mine and they recieved theirs exactly 2 weeks after, mine is over 3 weeks now.....

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm

You should have received it by now, I think either they are investigating further or your visa has been refused and it must be in the queue for return.

nonsou
Newly Registered

Post by nonsou » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 pm

@Jason, are you for real? How does the delay infer a rejection???

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

nonsou wrote:@Jason, are you for real? How does the delay infer a rejection???
Delay generally means rejection my friend.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:39 pm

nonsou,

There is no rejection. Check in country application timeline. It is taking 5 to 6 weeks to receive your passport and BRC after you have done your biometrics. It does not mean refusal at all. Many people are waiting at the moment inc. me. It is not just you.
Be patient. It will come. Sit and relax. Good things come to those who wait
:). It has nothing to do with visa refusal.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=520

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=100

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

jason32 wrote:
Delay generally means rejection my friend.
No, a delay generally doesn’t mean rejection at all. I seen people wait up for visa almost a year and got it.
Regarding yours problem I would say it’s a crucial time since this category is closing, however there will be no excuse after 6th April.
N/A

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm

I hate people who just scare other people just on the basis of nothing, dear there is no connection between delay and rejection. I done my biometrics on 11th March and I am waiting. But as the UKBA website says that they are processing applications for those who attended biometrics by 10th March. and a friend of mine attended on 9th March he got his passport today. So we are the next one may be one more week

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 pm

golekipro wrote:I hate people who just scare other people just on the basis of nothing, dear there is no connection between delay and rejection. I done my biometrics on 11th March and I am waiting. But as the UKBA website says that they are processing applications for those who attended biometrics by 10th March. and a friend of mine attended on 9th March he got his passport today. So we are the next one may be one more week
I did mine on the 19th, so hopefully my turn will also come soon.

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

yes why not dear,, best of luck

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 pm

doc44 wrote:
nonsou,

There is no rejection. Check in country application timeline. It is taking 5 to 6 weeks to receive your passport and BRC after you have done your biometrics. It does not mean refusal at all. Many people are waiting at the moment inc. me. It is not just you.

hahaha was just kidding man, hopefully you'll get your visa and stop worrying.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Jason are you here to help people or mock them, I suggest if you cant help them, then please avoid being sarcastic, specially when you yourself are on tenterhooks. People here dont find you amusing...
jason32 wrote:
doc44 wrote:
nonsou,

hahaha was just kidding man, hopefully you'll get your visa and stop worrying.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:02 am

Oh come on, a little joke is good in these tense times :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 am

Jokes should be funny and should also obviously be a joke particularly on a forum where tone is more difficult to detect. I don't think comedy is your forte.

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 am

hahaha Jason, yes be careful next time. Anytime this time we accept it as a joke but not next time

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 am

Greenie wrote:Jokes should be funny and should also obviously be a joke particularly on a forum where tone is more difficult to detect. I don't think comedy is your forte.
Totally agree, well said..~!!

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:31 am

Come on people cheer up! All immigrants are in the same boat, once you submit your application then hope for the best and stop worrying. That was my point...no need to be so serious.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 am

jason32 wrote:Come on people cheer up! All immigrants are in the same boat, once you submit your application then hope for the best and stop worrying. That was my point...no need to be so serious.
your point was not clear - it was not obvious you were making a joke. If you are going to be facetious you need to make it obvious. Best not to bother.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 am

joke should look like a joke. If it is stressful for someone then in my dictionary it is not a joke, it is called making fun of, I suppose.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 am

jason32 wrote:Oh come on, a little joke is good in these tense times :)
The equivalence of a Roman Emperor who took delight in watching gladiators battering each other to death. I hope you will never joke like that again.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:39 pm

You all need to go and take a deep breath and take a dive in cold water. Once you've submitted your application then you can only wait and hope for the best, whats the point in getting worried now????? Stop being nerd and live your life normally.

Jokes are meant to be jokes, grow up you all.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

jason32 wrote:You all need to go and take a deep breath and take a dive in cold water. Once you've submitted your application then you can only wait and hope for the best, whats the point in getting worried now????? Stop being nerd and live your life normally.

Jason, my friend, I think its time you realised that whats a joke to you need not necessarily be a joke to others! Agreed we are all in the same boat, but not everyone has to be as chilled out as you are right ? :? And whats this talk of being nerds, what does that have to do with anything here ??? :)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 pm

there is a big difference between cracking jokes and being sarcastic, one makes people think you are funny the other mskes people think you are a pr**k, so its for you to decide
jason32 wrote:You all need to go and take a deep breath and take a dive in cold water. Once you've submitted your application then you can only wait and hope for the best, whats the point in getting worried now????? Stop being nerd and live your life normally.