ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in Uk- Do we need apply ILR for him?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Umesh2211

Child born in Uk- Do we need apply ILR for him?

Post by Umesh2211 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Hello friends
I am on work permit and going to apply for ILR for me and my wife next month. My son born in UK. Do I need to apply ILR for him or not? he is 3 and half year old. Any suggestions please....

Thank you

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 pm

You have Two options:

1) once you are granted ILR, you can apply for child to be registered as british citizen using MN1 form. This options saves you some money (£689 if applying in person for his ILR)

2) You can spend that £689 and get him ILR, and then it is upto you, whether you want to keep ILR for you and your family after further 1 year or take British Citizenship.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Umesh2211

Child citizenship

Post by Umesh2211 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi
Ref nnj 10
Thank you so much for ur advise.
One more question how long does it take to get child's citizenship . Also after getting the British passport if we go back to India after 4 to 5 years can I apply to get Indian citizenship & Indian passport for us and child?

Any reply will be appreciated ...

Thank you

nnj10

Re: Child citizenship

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Umesh2211 wrote:Hi
Ref nnj 10
Thank you so much for ur advise.
One more question how long does it take to get child's citizenship . Also after getting the British passport if we go back to India after 4 to 5 years can I apply to get Indian citizenship & Indian passport for us and child?

Any reply will be appreciated ...

Thank you
I think there is a timeline thread under UK Citizenship forum. Do check that.
MN1 might take a minimum a couple of months or more. Check above forum.

The second question, I am not sure about Child who didn't previously had Indian passport, but for anyone who have relinquished indian citizenship, (by gaining BC) can re-acquire it after certain qualifying residential period.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Umesh2211

Post by Umesh2211 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm

ref nnj10

thank you very much..........