ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Carte De sejour

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

French Carte De sejour

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi All, hoping someone can advise me,

Me and my non-EU Husband are going to be moving to France soon and I plan to start a business there. I am a UK Citizen. What is the requirements I need to show, in order for my husband to get his Carte de sejour as a family member of an EU Citizen? I read somewhere that they do not freely give this out, although under EU law they have to. My husband wants to work, whilst we are there. We will be based in Paris and I plan to set up as an Auto Entrepreneur as a 'branch' of a UK company. Thanks

Thank in advance :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 pm

The requirements under EU law are simple enough, you need to be a worker (inc self-employed), student or self-sufficient. He's allowed to work if you do.

In practice, the self-employed have a harder time that employees demonstrating that they are self-employed (it takes time to set up a business).

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The requirements under EU law are simple enough, you need to be a worker (inc self-employed), student or self-sufficient. He's allowed to work if you do.

In practice, the self-employed have a harder time that employees demonstrating that they are self-employed (it takes time to set up a business).
Thanks so much for your reply. I am in business in the UK as a Sole trader and I want to go to Paris to look for local distribution deals for my products into the French market. I have seen on the Europa website that I am able to 'post' myself to Europe (the same way that a UK based employer will be able to post their employees to another country), which cuts out the need to set up a French Business. My husband wants to get a job in France... does this mean that because technically I am not employed by another person/company, my husband will not be able to work?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

I am not hugely familiar with posted worker regs and right to family unification. As I understand things, posted workers are meant to be given the same employment rights as they would have had in their home country.

The easiest way for you to establish yourself in France that would allow your husband to work would be to be self-sufficient. You and any other family members would need comprehensive sickness insurance (probably a good idea in any event) and to have sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social welfare system. Your UK business and income would help demonstrate that.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm

EU information on posted workers

http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=471

While the following is a UK publication, it has a short section on Swiss posted workers.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 pm

It's also well worth familiarising yourself with this.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/doc_centre/ ... nce_en.pdf

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

See also your other thread. I can understand why you made a separate one, but if Singh is your objective, it would be better to have stated that. Self-sufficient won't work according to 2006 regs. Employed or self-employed will.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 157#621157

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:See also your other thread. I can understand why you made a separate one, but if Singh is your objective, it would be better to have stated that. Self-sufficient won't work according to 2006 regs. Employed or self-employed will.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 157#621157
Thanks so much for all the links, EUsmileWEallsmile :) :) Yes, I want to eventually come back to the UK with my husband under Surinder Singh and since I need to go to France for business anyway, I am looking for an easy way to do this... and I don't think Self-Sufficient would cut it. Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Your need to go to France for business anyway can only help matters. If you can evidence this, it will help matters later on.