ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk benifits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angrykid2012
Newly Registered

uk benifits

Post by angrykid2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm

I am british and my wife is Thai
she came he 4 years ago and has been on 2 year extension visa's
her latest visa finishes in november 2012 and we are applying for leave to remain,
we have a 2 year old son born in uk,
when he was born i applied for tax credits and child benifits and child tax credits

which i have child benifit and tax crddit in my name and my wife recieves child tax credits, which we where over paid so we dont get anything now

only child benfits

but a few weeks ago, i notived on my wifes id card she is not allowed these public funds but we have been recieving them since my son was born in jan 2010
now we are applying for her visa
what can i do, this is my mistake, do the immagration look into this when applying for visa,

goodfellow1

Post by goodfellow1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:26 am

When you are married or live with a partner here in the UK it is mandatory that you declare them when you apply for benefits. since you are british citizen you are entitled to claim benefits but not your wife because of the restrictions (no recourse to public funds).What is her visa status now?