ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa processing time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabir111

visa processing time

Post by sabir111 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 pm

dear,

I applied for Tier 1 visa on 28 Sep 2011, i did my Biometrics on 10 oct 2011, i applied in the UK, how long its take time?
I got an emergence in back home, i want to go as soon as possible.

i send them a letter, they saying its under process. every time i call the say its under process...
i don't know what to do?
i am thinking about the withdrawal of application,, please help me

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: visa processing time

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:22 pm

sabir111 wrote:dear,

I applied for Tier 1 visa on 28 Sep 2011, i did my Biometrics on 10 oct 2011, i applied in the UK, how long its take time?

i send them a letter, they saying its under process. every time i call the say its under process...
i don't know what to do?
withdrawal would mean you would never be able to return to UK as you cannot apply afresh. If there is an emergency then there is no choice I guess but to let UKBA know that you want to withdraw.
Give me more Karma (+)

sabir111

Re: visa processing time

Post by sabir111 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 pm

QuickSam wrote:
sabir111 wrote:dear,

i don't know what to do?
withdrawal would mean you would never be able to return to UK as you cannot apply afresh. If there is an emergency then there is no choice I guess but to let UKBA know that you want to withdraw.
thanks for your replay, do you have any idea what is the maximum time for the processing. I didnt want to lose this option but the thing is its take too long time.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 pm

on average its taking around 2 months looking at the timelines now & its bound to get worse with application fees rising from 5th april & a bit due to Olympics as well but yours has been there for quite a while now

pathetic state of affairs really but nothing can be done...am afraid its just wait & watch until you hear from ukba
Manka

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Manka10 wrote:on average its taking around 2 months looking at the timelines now & its bound to get worse with application fees rising from 5th april & a bit due to Olympics as well but yours has been there for quite a while now

pathetic state of affairs really but nothing can be done...am afraid its just wait & watch until you hear from ukba
So what should i do? Can you please advice me any things,, i am in stress

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:47 pm

sabir111 wrote:
So what should i do? Can you please advice me any things,, i am in stress
Sabir, when you call the HO, the automated voice message says, they would not be able to help you if your application has been with them for less than 6 months. However, this statement from the link below states'Our staff cannot provide any information about your application if you applied less than 6 months ago'. So what happens when the 6 months period passes, do they give any information after that. .http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... migration/
And based on your timeline, it has been more than 6 months, so they should be able to tell you something. Maybe you should ask them what it means?
Another strong option, which I read somewhere on this forum is to get a letter from your local MP, where the MP can put pressure on the HO to give you a quick response.
I know many on this forum have done this. Search this forum, and you maybe able to contact a few users who got letters from local MP's sent to HO. You may get more information once you are able to locate these users. Let us know how it goes (I shall also try and find that topic)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 am

I would advice you to contact your local MP. My couple of friends got success through local MP intervention.

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 am

Local MP send them a couple letter but still UKBA didn't response. I filed a complaint as well. but still UKBA didn't response. i call them every day the saying under process,