ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So its the 6th of April! Any changes for spouse visas?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mosesmoses

So its the 6th of April! Any changes for spouse visas?

Post by mosesmoses » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Sorry for being lazy :oops: but I'm working even today good friday :(

Just wondering what new rules, if any, have been introduced or any that have been changed in regards to spouse visa applications.

I have all the paperwork ready to send off to my wife in pakistan but thought I'd wait to see if anything else comes up.

thanks in advance!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes

The Fees for all applications have gone up as from today :lol:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... g-2012.pdf

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:57 pm

The other regulations, possibly maintenance segment and changing duration to apply for ILR may be established June or sometime this year.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 pm

The new rules maybe affect in June 2012 means ppl with low income they never can get married!! That's against humanity 25.700 pounds a year it's quite lots of money !

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:24 am

hamadauk123 wrote:The new rules maybe affect in June 2012 means ppl with low income they never can get married!! That's against humanity 25.700 pounds a year it's quite lots of m
oney !
Why?

Are they no suitable people in the whole of the UK for one to marry?.

The wise and the clever people are those that get married in the UK.Just imagine how much time, money, worrying etc you will save yourself.Not forgetting being able to communicate with your spouse in the same language

You could be unemployed,penniless, homeless and still get married here and have somewhere to live and something to live on.
:roll: :wink:

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:19 pm

batleykhan wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:The new rules maybe affect in June 2012 means ppl with low income they never can get married!! That's against humanity 25.700 pounds a year it's quite lots of m
oney !
Why?

The wise and the clever people are those that get married in the UK.Just imagine how much time, money, worrying etc you will save yourself.Not forgetting being able to communicate with your spouse in the same language

You could be unemployed,penniless, homeless and still get married here and have somewhere to live and something to live on.
I could understand where you coming from Batley. Its not easy getting married from abroad at all but some like me opt for that choice with our own will so i wouldn't say that i made an unwise choice or i lack intelligence.
Even though my wife is from pakistan i would say shes probably more sensible and educated then alot of the trash in uk.

Some people opt to marry who they want its not a case of people who lack intellect choose to go abroad.

Maybe it is for some but you must remember there are some genuine people aswel.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

It's my life and it's my choice with whom I want get married you should think as well why some English ppl over 60 go to Thailand and china to get married .

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:41 pm

batleykhan wrote:
oney !
Why?

Love this comment so very true :lol:
pennyless

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:56 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:It's my life and it's my choice with whom I want get married you should think as well why some English ppl over 60 go to Thailand and china to get married .
Then what are you compalining about?. If you want to get married to some one from abroad, then teh only way you can do so is to meet the rules and requirement, whether you like them or not.

I have never heard English people who want to get married in Thailand or China complaining about these rules,only certain people from Indian subcontinent :roll:

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:46 pm

You will after June when they start complaining they won't look for you.

MAliKhan
Newly Registered

Post by MAliKhan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:33 pm

shade00 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
oney !
Why?

I could understand where you coming from Batley. Its not easy getting married from abroad at all but some like me opt for that choice with our own will so i wouldn't say that i made an unwise choice or i lack intelligence.
Even though my wife is from pakistan i would say shes probably more sensible and educated then alot of the trash in uk.

Some people opt to marry who they want its not a case of people who lack intellect choose to go abroad.

Maybe it is for some but you must remember there are some genuine people aswel.
Bro, with all due respect I think it's extremely unfair to call the girls in UK trash and overlook that it's just as bad there. In fact a recent survey looking at which country has the most dirty websites searched, and the most shameful, Pakistan came on top. A muslim country! They have internet booths and parks etc, where unmarried girls meet boys etc, and it's disgraceful. A lot of us have sisters, cousins etc here and Pakistan who are decent hard working and pious. Whatever someone's experiences are, you should never talk that extreme, that's just your choice from marrying there. And to be honest with you, if you think in a patriartic point of view, the policies they have set in place for immigration is only to protect their home. Pakistan should do the same, after all as much as we hate it, it is understandable.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Why?

I think it is against humanity which says that you can marry anybody. Sometimes you can find your best opportunity from another country - or meet somebody even in the UK who has a temporary visa and has to return to home country.

I really dont like that this is again all about rich getting treated better than others. In my workplace there are many people who have full families with minimum salaries and they are doing ok.

There are many hardworking good people in the UK who just do not have skills/"brainpower" to get well paid office jobs (even if they wanted) to earn £25000. Its not their fault that they did not get these skills naturally when they were born. For instance, many people do not have naturally skills to teach other people; should we punish them for not taking a (well paid) teacher job? I dont think so...we are asking for them something which is impossible for them. But they are important for this country doing essential jobs so that rich people can drive on the roads, buy cars, buy food from the shops etc. So we should punish these hard working people and not letting them to get married with foreigns?

Life is not always that easy that you can find your partner from the same country.

"Are they no suitable people in the whole of the UK for one to marry?."
There are, but its not always so easy to find them. Sometimes you just want to marry certain person.
Last edited by jp70 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.