ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deported before birth of irish citizen child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenin
Newly Registered

Post by lenin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 pm

hi

i am the father of an irish born citizen child from an irish mother! i am also a failed asylum seeker! i lived, worked and studied in ireland for nearly 5 years but was deported 5months b4 my child was born! my son is 2years now and we have never met although i exchange pictures and phone calls with the mother! i also send money regularly for his up keep in ireland! can i rely on zambrano to return?

pls advice

gnem
BANNED

Re: deported before birth of irish citizen child

Post by gnem » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 pm

lenin wrote:hi

i am the father of an irish born citizen child from an irish mother! i am also a failed asylum seeker! i lived, worked and studied in ireland for nearly 5 years but was deported 5months b4 my child was born! my son is 2years now and we have never met although i exchange pictures and phone calls with the mother! i also send money regularly for his up keep in ireland! can i rely on zambrano to return?

pls advice
I think you should be able to return and play a role in the upbringing of your Irish/European, but speak to a solicitor for more detail and if you log on to www.justice.ie you will get full details of what the new justice minister need in the discretionary power granted to him, so you're free dude.

Irisheddy

INIS Website

Post by Irisheddy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Actually it is the INIS website you need to go to:
www.inis.gov.ie

If you check here you will see that you should be allowed to return under
Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999 (as amended). At that point, given that you are the parent of an Irish born citizen child, this would be factored into the Section 3 consideration. If it appears that the Zambrano criteria are met in your case, and there are no significant issues of criminality associated with your case, you are likely to be granted permission to remain in the State for a three year period, subject to a set of stated conditions.

It also says that you do not have to use a solicitor but you can if you want to provided that you give them written authorisation.
I do not know the facts but it seems unfair that you were deported especially since you had nearly 5 years residence and had a de facto relationship with an irish Citizen.If you are outside Ireland it will be more difficult for you to communicate, but you need to contact
the Repatriation Division,
INIS,
13-14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2

lenin
Newly Registered

Post by lenin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

thanks for your help! am about to submit my visa application! i have most of the basic requirements including DNA evidence of my biological link to the child! is there any other documents i might require to make my application successful?