ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

peo croydon apr 5th technical issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saferider
Newly Registered

peo croydon apr 5th technical issue

Post by saferider » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I had my peo appt yday at 11:45, been there with my wife and 2 kids. at first I missed them calling my token number for bio metric, then had to wait more than a hour to be called again, after that i was expecting a case worker to call my number, but they were calling a group of numbers together to hand over the docs. i never heard my number getting called. so asked one of the lady about it, she asked me to hand over the document to her, this was at about 2:45, she said it will take minimum 2 hrs. at 5pm, they called my number and told that they have some technical problems and my case is not looked at. so somebody will give me a call on tuesday. they where telling the same for some other ppl as well. but there were other ppl who were given the decision. so i am not sure whether it was a technical problem or unavailabilty of staff due to long weekend. my case was pretty straight forward with less than 100days out of UK in last 5 yrs. so all in all had a frustrating day. now i hope they decide soon as my visa expires in 2 weeks time and i have to show it to my employer.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Another SCAM! This 'Technical issue' scam is increasing day by day. They take the money and then inform 'Technical/IT issue'. This is just a straight scam. nothing else. If there is technical issue they simply need to refund the money and application simple as that! But they keep the money and deal the case same as a postal application !! plain robbery...

I wish there was something can be done to stop this scam!!! :twisted:

nitzan_shine
Newly Registered

The exact same thing happened to us!!!!

Post by nitzan_shine » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 am

Me and my husband had our appointment (for set m) on March 30th at 3:15 pm. After a very long wait (and after them 'forgetting' to insert our ticket no. to the line twice) they called us to hand in our documents and told us and some other people that the computers have crashed so they cannot consider our application on the day and they promised us they will call us on Monday. They never called! furthermore, whenever we called the the customer service we got extremely rude responses as they argued that there is nothing that they can do and that we should wait for a reply. It has been a week and a day now and still no word. I don't even know if they are going to inform us if they decide to send our documents for further enquirers or not (although our case is straight forward and we supplied many documents). We paid 1350£ for this and now we feel cheated and duped! If anyone knows anything about this matter please write it here as we feel completely power-less and knowledge-less.

saferider
Newly Registered

Post by saferider » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:48 am

Got a call from UKBA few minutes back telling my case is approved and he will be posting the documents back today.

I got this call as i was typing a mail to HR explaining the delay :)