ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sali123

council tax

Post by sali123 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:37 am

Hi,

When a person claims 25% discount in council tax because of staying with students,does that fall under public funds?

The tier1 visa has "no recourse to public funds" and would like to know whether this benefit fall into public fund category.

Thanks

SunnyKK
Newly Registered

Re: council tax

Post by SunnyKK » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am

sali123 wrote:Hi,

When a person claims 25% discount in council tax because of staying with students,does that fall under public funds?

The tier1 visa has "no recourse to public funds" and would like to know whether this benefit fall into public fund category.

Thanks
It doesn't fall under public funds, as you know even student visa says no recourse to public funds but still students can get 100% discount on Council Tax. So it just the discount.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 am

As you are not a student you shouldn't be claiming for CT discount. If questioned by law you'll be in trouble but for the visa extension I don't think it would matter. Having said that I hope UKBA starts looking into all these facts before allowing extensions.
Give me more Karma (+)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 am

QuickSam wrote:As you are not a student you shouldn't be claiming for CT discount. If questioned by law you'll be in trouble but for the visa extension I don't think it would matter. Having said that I hope UKBA starts looking into all these facts before allowing extensions.
25% discount is for single person staying at the property & you dont have to be student to get 25% off the CT bill. Its totally legit
Manka

sali123

Post by sali123 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:10 am

I'm living in a house with one student.Some people told that if I live with a student then there will be 25% of discount that I can avail.Is this correct information?

thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 am

sali123 wrote:I'm living in a house with one student.Some people told that if I live with a student then there will be 25% of discount that I can avail.Is this correct information?

thanks
Yes, Check this
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAn ... /DG_071488

Please also check this post on the forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4461db406c