ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mah

Biometric card

Post by mah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Dear All,
As I changed my passport about 2 years ago I got my Biometric card at that time too.
I changed my addres about 8-9 months ago.
I have just found that when we change address we need to inform the UKBA.
As I have not informed them yet I am afraid this will affect my second extentions and ILR. Please advice what I should do.
(I have left UK for 3 times in the last 8 months and I filled the landing card but never faced problem when entering the UK)

Manka10

Re: Biometric card

Post by Manka10 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:44 pm

mah wrote:Dear All,
As I changed my passport about 2 years ago I got my Biometric card at that time too.
I changed my addres about 8-9 months ago.
I have just found that when we change address we need to inform the UKBA.
As I have not informed them yet I am afraid this will affect my second extentions and ILR. Please advice what I should do.
(I have left UK for 3 times in the last 8 months and I filled the landing card but never faced problem when entering the UK)
Relax mate, extensions or ILR wont be affected by this, its not the end of the world, if you havent informed UKBA of the change of address, do it now

What should you do if you change your address, your circumstances or your education provider?

If you change your address before you have received your biometric residence permit, you must tell us immediately by phoning 0870 606 7766.

If you change your address at any time after you have received your biometric residence permit, and you think you are likely to be at the new address for at least 6 months, you should tell us by sending a fax to 020 8196 5454 or by writing to:

UK Border Agency
Change of Address Team
11th Floor Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Easy does it...
Manka

mah

Post by mah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks Manka,

Should I tell them the exact date of address change?

or is it enough to fax the following to them
Dear UK Border Agency, Change of Address Team

Please be informed that my (and My family’s address) has been changed to
AA xxxxxxx Road
London
XX12 1XX

Our Biometric Card Numbers are as follows

A: My name and Number

B: My dependent 1

C: My dependent 2

Kind regards

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Include the date you changed addresses, the old & new addresses & possibly a reason for the delay in notifying & you should be good
Manka

mah

Post by mah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Manka10 wrote:Include the date you changed addresses, the old & new addresses & possibly a reason for the delay in notifying & you should be good
Thanks Manka