ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Me: applying for ILR, wife: applying for FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chamelion

Me: applying for ILR, wife: applying for FLR

Post by chamelion » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 am

Hi there,

I'm currently here under Tier1 valid until September. My wife is my dependent, we got married last summer.

I'm going to be applying for ILR in September and understand I can't include my wife in the application as we haven't been married / cohabitated for 2 years, is that correct?

Based on this it means I need to apply for FLR (M) for my wife. Problem is this requires evidence that I'm here as an ILR.

Since both our visas expire in September, does that mean we both need to apply in that 28 day period - me applying for the express route hoping for a same day response (I have a straightforward application) and her applying day(s) later for FLR with my approval documentation, assuming that comes through?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 pm

It is possible to apply by post whereby you bundle the applications and request that hers is treated in series on the basis of yours being approved.

chamelion

Post by chamelion » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 am

Lucapooka wrote:It is possible to apply by post whereby you bundle the applications and request that hers is treated in series on the basis of yours being approved.

Ah interesting. Little nervous about that - slightest issue with either one of our apps can mean having to leave the country!

I'm currently thinking of doing the expedited route for myself, hopefully get it same day, and have my wife go a couple of days later.