ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Point Based Calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

black7

Point Based Calculator

Post by black7 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I have graduated from India and my degree was of 4 and 1/2 years duration, but because my session was late, it took almost 5years and 3 month.
My query is that on application form where it ask me what was the duration of study.. I will obviously write the whole 5 years and 3 month, but what should I do on Point based calculator, should I say the course duration was 4-5 years or 5 to 6 years.

I have tried both ways, it does not make any difference to points claimed but essentially the course is 4-5 duration although in my case it got into 5-6.

Please advice

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm

As far as I know the application asks for the duration of the course. I would choose the normal length of the Degree rather than the time taken for a specific case.
Give me more Karma (+)

black7

Post by black7 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot QuickSam

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 pm

You should choose what is normal duration to be graduated, which I think will be 4 years but less than 5 years :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...