ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalal.din

ILR for Child born in UK

Post by jalal.din » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi,
Me and my wife came to UK on HSMP on 27 July 2007. My daughter was born in april 2009 in UK. We all three got Tier 1 ( daughter and wife on tier1 dependent) visa until 10th July 2012. I will be applying for ILR in mid June. I am wondering can I apply only for me and my wife for ILR (No ILR for my daughter) and then apply for nationality of my daughter once we have ILR stamped (in person app)?

Regards,
Jalal

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:47 pm

jalal.din: yes you can skip your daughter’s ILR and apply for her nationality once you get your own ILR.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:04 pm

You need to use form MN1.
Your child has entitlement for registration as British Citizen under Section 1 (3).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

brucelowe
Newly Registered

Post by brucelowe » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Jalal, If you find out any more info on this, or if it is indeed correct - please post back to this thread. I'm in the same position with my UK born daughter and applying for ILR myself soon

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

brucelowe wrote:Hi Jalal, If you find out any more info on this, or if it is indeed correct - please post back to this thread. I'm in the same position with my UK born daughter and applying for ILR myself soon
See this FAQ for detailed info.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer