ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssm

Post by sssm » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:27 pm

hi JD,
I am very sorry to hear that your applicant is rejected.. Yes I tried both numbers today also ..they just said..pls wait for your docs and currently system is too slow to let you know the result.

-SSSM

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:49 pm

Hi,
Luckily, I got a job offer just now.... :)

But I am not very happy about it because now my fate depends on HSMP

How to apply for urgent treatment? I am an in-country applicant..

I got job offer by e-mail (by scanning). Is it enough if I e-mail the job offer & scanned completed Urgent treatment form by mail?

or I can even fax the same...

But if It will take another 2 days for me to recieve hard copy.

Can I fax/email urgent treatment form?

Thanks

sssm

Post by sssm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:16 am

hari15,
What is your domain of experience? For getting interview calls. do they expect us to fly to UK to attend or they conduct telephonic/web-cam interviews. My applogies if my message is out of HSMP purview but felt it would be useful for all. so posting here

-thanks,
sssm

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:37 am

sssm wrote:hari15,
What is your domain of experience? For getting interview calls. do they expect us to fly to UK to attend or they conduct telephonic/web-cam interviews. My applogies if my message is out of HSMP purview but felt it would be useful for all. so posting here

-thanks,
sssm
You need to be in UK to get interview calls.. also you must be a HSMP / other workpermit holder to get more interview calls. Visitors wont get it that easily

Since I am already a workpermit holder I am getting interview calls (because they can transfer workpermit easily even if we are not getting hsmp)

Out of country applicants should first get hsmp and should come to UK then only can get interview calls easily

To go thru workpermit your parent company in your home country should send you to UK, I came by my Indian parent company only that is the easiest way

sssm

Post by sssm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:22 am

my application is rejected.. i called up *6020 and talked to case worker. i think if i plan to apply again.. new rules should cooly get me 80 points..:(

but i doubt if i will gather this interest again and spend another INR 30000 ( along with courier charges)...

:(

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 am

Bro sorry for your rejection,

I've same situation. Now just thinking should I apply for review or make a fresh application!

Whats the reason of your rejection?

Anyway, do not get dis-hearted. I think we can get approval easily on new criteria compare to previous one.

JD
sssm wrote:my application is rejected.. i called up *6020 and talked to case worker. i think if i plan to apply again.. new rules should cooly get me 80 points..:(

but i doubt if i will gather this interest again and spend another INR 30000 ( along with courier charges)...

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:47 am

jd,

You cant apply for review. You should wait and apply the new one.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 am

Really I cant apply for review????

Can you please give me some refrence to the guidance??

Thanks,
JD
arm wrote:jd,

You cant apply for review. You should wait and apply the new one.

madanrm

why we cant request review

Post by madanrm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 am

I m not sure about why we cant apply for review if our application is rejected and the 28day limit falls in the Nov 7- Dec 5 time period . Pls share your references.

regards
Madan

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:18 am

sssm wrote:my application is rejected.. i called up *6020 and talked to case worker. i think if i plan to apply again.. new rules should cooly get me 80 points..:(

Dear sssm,
Sorry to hear your rejection..

What you guess the reason could be?

Do you know the reason? If yes can you share here pls

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 pm

My source is this:

HSMP Review requests

Any HSMP review request received from individuals whose application was refused under the previous HSMP criteria, in place until 7 November 2006, will be reviewed against the previous criteria. Please note these reviews may not have been completed by 5 December 2006 when the new HSMP criteria come into effect.

Sorry if I understood this incorrect

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi arm,

My understanding is that they are saying that the application rejected on the basis of previous HSMP criteria will be reviewed on old criteria and at end they mentioned that the review requests may not have been decided till/by 5th December and take long then that.

Please confirm.

JD
arm wrote:My source is this:

HSMP Review requests

Any HSMP review request received from individuals whose application was refused under the previous HSMP criteria, in place until 7 November 2006, will be reviewed against the previous criteria. Please note these reviews may not have been completed by 5 December 2006 when the new HSMP criteria come into effect.

Sorry if I understood this incorrect

sssm

Post by sssm » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:53 pm

dear hari15,jd,
caseworker said a detailedinformation on why yur application was rejected is sent along with original documents.. now i'm eagerly waiting for the docs. and perhaps close the chapter called hsmp for now and move ahead..

jd,
I think review might not be helpful because just imagine if they decided our case in hardly two days...it would be flimsy reason for our eyewash.

in any case i will fax review letter and forget episode "HSMP"...
-THANKS,
SSSM
hari15 wrote:

Dear sssm,

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:19 pm

correct, i'm even ready for submitting new application. Lets see what the decision letter says... I'm still waiting for docs in Islamabad-Paskistan. They dispatched the docs on 02/11. No idea wht happened to our postal service!

Anyway keep us updated.

JD
sssm wrote:dear hari15,jd,
caseworker said a detailedinformation on why yur application was rejected is sent along with original documents.. now i'm eagerly waiting for the docs. and perhaps close the chapter called hsmp for now and move ahead..

jd,
I think review might not be helpful because just imagine if they decided our case in hardly two days...it would be flimsy reason for our eyewash.

in any case i will fax review letter and forget episode "HSMP"...
-THANKS,
SSSM
hari15 wrote:

Dear sssm,

roza

Post by roza » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Any HSMP candiate of around 20-Oct-2006 got result.
Please reply

heather2006
Newly Registered

Post by heather2006 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi, my application went in 31st October. No news, no case worker as yet.

Does anyone know what form we need to send in for FLR IER - the new one or the old one? Do we need to wait till the 5th December to send this form in? (I'm in a bit of a hurry to get the visa through?)

Thanks

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 am

Hi uk4james, hari15 !!

Any update on your applications ?? I have been trying to call HO since yesterday but without luck.

My earlier 2 emails have not been responded to, so am not keep to write another. Will keep trying the phone.....

regards

inso

Post by inso » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:05 am

EC finally approved!

Our complete timeline:

Submitted: 17 Oct
HO received: 19 Oct
CC charged: 19 Oct
Ref. no assigned: 21 Oct (Yeah, 3pm on a Saturday!)
Urgent treatment requested: 23 Oct
Letter & documents sent out: 26 Oct
Notification of above: 30 Oct
Called in for result, informed it was a "miscommunication": 30 Oct
Received email that decision has been made: 31 Oct
Called in for result: 31 Oct - Approved!
Received via normal mail: 8 Nov
Submitted via DHL to BHC, Pretoria: 10 Nov
Received passports with 2-year EC: 15 Nov
Leaving for London: 4 Dec!!!

Thanks to all the knowledgeable people on this forum!

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:55 am

Hi inso,

Congrats !!!!

just a quick question. Can we get visa for a future date?

e.g. I got HSMP approval by end of december and after that apply for EC but I don't want to travel before mrach. Can I request them that my visa start data should be from 1st March?? if so how many chances are there for request to be accepted??

Thanks,
JD
inso wrote:EC finally approved!

Our complete timeline:

Submitted: 17 Oct
HO received: 19 Oct
CC charged: 19 Oct
Ref. no assigned: 21 Oct (Yeah, 3pm on a Saturday!)
Urgent treatment requested: 23 Oct
Letter & documents sent out: 26 Oct
Notification of above: 30 Oct
Called in for result, informed it was a "miscommunication": 30 Oct
Received email that decision has been made: 31 Oct
Called in for result: 31 Oct - Approved!
Received via normal mail: 8 Nov
Submitted via DHL to BHC, Pretoria: 10 Nov
Received passports with 2-year EC: 15 Nov
Leaving for London: 4 Dec!!!

Thanks to all the knowledgeable people on this forum!

inso

Post by inso » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:03 am

jd wrote:just a quick question. Can we get visa for a future date?

e.g. I got HSMP approval by end of december and after that apply for EC but I don't want to travel before mrach. Can I request them that my visa start data should be from 1st March?? if so how many chances are there for request to be accepted??
Yup, you can post-date your visa for a maximum of three months from date of application at the BHC, but you must apply within six months from the date your acceptance letter was issued by the HO.

So, say you get your acceptance letter in January, there should be no problem asking for 1 April, since its within 3 months from 1 January. There is a field on the VAF1 where you can enter an 'intended arrival date' or something to a similar effect. They will use that to start your clock for 12 or 24 months.

siva12345
Newly Registered

Post by siva12345 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:07 am

ukjobsforme wrote:Hi uk4james, hari15 !!

Any update on your applications ?? I have been trying to call HO since yesterday but without luck.

My earlier 2 emails have not been responded to, so am not keep to write another. Will keep trying the phone.....

regards
Hi UKjobsforme,

even my application also reached HO on 17th Oct
no case worker allocated as on 14th Nov.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:34 pm

Hey UKjobs4me and siva12345,
I did not check since last friday Nov 10th and on that date I did not have a case worker. I will be checking again on this friday to see if any further progress has been made. Ukjobs4me, did you get a case worker yet? I thought you had already? If so best of luck finding out the result!

Uk4James

ukjobsforme wrote:
Hi uk4james, hari15 !!

regards

Hi UKjobsforme,

even my application also reached HO on 17th Oct
no case worker allocated as on 14th Nov.

syedajmal
Newly Registered

No case Worker Yet

Post by syedajmal » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:41 pm

Applying in HSMP Over 28 from USA, Nationality Indian

Application Sent : Oct/19/2006
CC verification from VISA : Oct/25/2006
CC finally charged : Oct/30/2006
Current status : Waiting for Case Worker. (Damn looks like a long wait now)

Points Claimed:
BE, India:15
Exp:25 ( Could have claimed more but didn't)
Earning:25
Spouse: 0 ( Could have claimed it)

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 pm

The last time I could get through on the phone was on 10-Nov and that time my application was still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker. I have been trying desperately to through to HO on the phone (am on the phone as I write this post :D ) but no luck since Monday.

Wait .... looks like I just got connected ...... BRAVO !!! caseworker assigned :D :D !!!! Got the name of the caseworker :idea: , but the lady on the phone is refusing to forward the call to the caseworker (citing security reasons) but I have the name (at least) !!.

No worries .... I will try my luck and see if I can speak to the caseworker next time I call (hoping the person on the phone next time will be more helpful).

Progress summary:-
Details: Out-country applicant, 28+
CC Charged: 17-Oct
Reference No. received: 20-Oct
Caseworker assigned: 15-Nov

Excuse me for the funny posting ... I am scribbling this while I am on the phone with HO :wink:

regards
ukjobsforme wrote:Update on 10-Nov: Still waiting for allocation to a caseworker.
It seems all of us are in the same week of ref # / cc charged: Oct 16-20th
dolphin_m70 - Oct 15
Uk4James - Oct 16
ukjobs4me - Oct 17th
sssm - Oct 18
Hari15 - Oct 19
regards
Last edited by docitduo on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:21 pm

ukjobs4me,
yayay !!! that is great news! so caseworker only assigned today!? I was hoping it would have been a little earlier in the week for us. I'll let you know what I hear on friday... I am hoping for a caseworker!!!!

-uk4james