ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on former employer that went liquidation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

misssunshine
Newly Registered

Advice needed on former employer that went liquidation

Post by misssunshine » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi everyone, please can anyone give me some advice on this:

I will be applying for ILR in June. Last Aug, my former employer went into liquidation , luckily i found another job pretty soon, and my total income will be enough to get the qualifying score.

My question is i can not obtain an employment letter to state my earnings with that company any more. Is it absolutley esstential ? I do have the payslips from the employer though.

Does anybody have such kind of experience before? Would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Manka10

Re: Advice needed on former employer that went liquidation

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

misssunshine wrote:Hi everyone, please can anyone give me some advice on this:

I will be applying for ILR in June. Last Aug, my former employer went into liquidation , luckily i found another job pretty soon, and my total income will be enough to get the qualifying score.

My question is i can not obtain an employment letter to state my earnings with that company any more. Is it absolutley esstential ? I do have the payslips from the employer though.

Does anybody have such kind of experience before? Would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks
You don't need any letter from previous employers, unless there are discrepancies on the payslips & amount deposited in the bank down to the last penny

payslips & bank statements should be enough
Manka

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

you can try and contact the administrator

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am

I had a similar problem in the past and even worse, because in my case I had to submit employer's letter & bank statements for my tier 1 extension.

My employer went bust a day after I submitted the application.

What I did was I asked the employer (who fortunately was still contactable) to contact the administrator and I got a letter from the administrator which basically confirmed that whatever was written in the employer's letter was true.

I posted that letter to UKBA and I got my tier 1 extension without any problems.

My ILR is due in few months time and I'm going to carry that letter with me when I go to the PEO (though that was couple of years ago, so I shouldn't really need it).