ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm Totally Panicked - Used the Old Form! What Should I Do??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gabysls
Newly Registered

I'm Totally Panicked - Used the Old Form! What Should I Do??

Post by gabysls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello all:

I am totally panicked when I checked the UKBA website just now. I applied for the FLR(M) last week on Wednesday by special delivery (switching in country application from Tier 1 to FLRM), and did not realised that they now have a new form from 1st April 2012 onwards! I printed off the application form a few days before the new form came into place. What should I do now? My visa runs out mid of this week and I am totally panicked!

Please help me, thank you very much. Gaby

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: I'm Totally Panicked - Used the Old Form! What Should I

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

gabysls wrote:and did not realised that they now have a new form from 1st April 2012 onwards!
The new form is valid from 6 April onwards. If you sent you application on Wednesday you will be fine.

gabysls
Newly Registered

Re: I'm Totally Panicked - Used the Old Form! What Should I

Post by gabysls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
gabysls wrote:and did not realised that they now have a new form from 1st April 2012 onwards!
The new form is valid from 6 April onwards. If you sent you application on Wednesday you will be fine.
Oh Lucapooka thank you so much! One last question though. I sent the parcel on 3rd April 2012 for next day delivery. But it only arrived on 5th April 2012, at 17:24pm. Can I still rely on the old form? Not sure though given that it is received outside office hours, might count on 6th?

I can't believe that the Royal Mail next day delivery is not reliable either.

Thank you so much.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 pm

For postal applications using the Royal Mail, the date of posting (rather than actual delivery) is taken as the date of applying.

The date of application or variation is either:
 the date of posting for postal applications, or
 the date a public enquiry office accepts the application, if it is made in person, or
 the date it is delivered to the UK Border Agency if it is sent by courier.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

gabysls
Newly Registered

Post by gabysls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Lucapooka wrote:For postal applications using the Royal Mail, the date of posting (rather than actual delivery) is taken as the date of applying.

The date of application or variation is either:
 the date of posting for postal applications, or
 the date a public enquiry office accepts the application, if it is made in person, or
 the date it is delivered to the UK Border Agency if it is sent by courier.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Thank you Lucapooka. OK one last question, I am really sorry to trouble you with this again:

I sent my application using Parcel Force (which is part of the Royal Mail). Is this considered as a postal or courier service? Say, for argument sake, it is a courier service, the fact that my application had been signed on 5th April at 17:24, would it still count that it had been received on 5th April rather than 6th April?

Thank you ever so much for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I think that part of the RM is a classed as a courier (I don't know for certain) rather than the mail but that is a moot point given that the package was received on the 5th. Stop worrying.

gabysls
Newly Registered

Post by gabysls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I think that part of the RM is a classed as a courier (I don't know for certain) rather than the mail but that is a moot point given that the package was received on the 5th. Stop worrying.
Thanks Lucapooka. Am sitting on the eggshell now waiting for any letter or deduction on my bank balance!