ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply In Person Or By Post?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramay

Apply In Person Or By Post?

Post by ramay » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi!
I have a single absence more than 90(business trip).. ..total absence 240 Is there any advantage to apply in person instead of post?
like I can explain in person all details or my case anyway will be deferred to SEO or Grade 7 or even will be sent by post to Durham
and I will never see those people who are making decision on my case??

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I think paying extra for a PEO is a rip off because it seems now you do not even get to meet your case worked. I went to Croydon PEO last year to get a Tier One extension and I met my case worker face to face and he asked me to quickly explain all the documents I had he then said OK you should be fine.

Then last month I went to get my ILR and they have now started called three numbers at the same time to go to a window where the lady just says give me all your documents come back in two hours!!! You do not get to meet your case worker anymore by the looks of it.

If your over your days it will most likely be postal anyway. If you can spare the 6 months I would do it postal if your in a rush and you have the extra cash then I guess you can try your luck at a PEO.

Londonguy.

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Hm...strange looks like they changed the rules at Croydon..Not so long ago people there used to talk with CW face to face and CW was taking decision in present of applicant. maybe in this way much easier refuse application when CW is away from the applicant

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Londonguy79 wrote:I think paying extra for a PEO is a rip off because it seems now you do not even get to meet your case worked.
In another PEOs you still can talk with CW face to face..My friend was in Sollihul with over 90 single absence and have been advised to apply by post as they do not have senior case workers there.So I was thinking to apply at Croydon and explain to senior officer my circumstances.I'm afraid without personal contact much easier for them to refuse, special if to apply by post with a valid visa for few months more..