ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 refused - appealing

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Archer
Newly Registered

EU1 refused - appealing

Post by Archer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 am

Hi,

I wonder if you can help.

My daughter and I were on an Stamp 4 till 05/04/12 and received a letter from the GNIB dated 30/04/2012 refusing our residency because my husband had left his job voluntarily and we did not notify them. He was registered with an agency which were the documents we gave the GNIB but he left the temporary position and found a permanent job through the same agency 3 weeks later. Because of low sales and the fact that he new he would lose that job he left and went for interviews, he found a well paying permanent job with an international company second week in February but because of all the security protocols and documents he need from South Africa it took a long time to sort out but he has received a letter of appointment and contract last Thursday and will be starting next Wednesday. Yes we did not notify the GNIB and that was an oversight on our part albeit a huge one. As we now have to appeal by Wednesday I am very nervous and was wondering what we should say and what our chances are?

I would appreciate any feedback

Thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 am

Appeal where. I thought it is an adninistrative review system that they have in Ireland.

I believe it will be a simple matter. You only need to provide the details of your husbands new employment.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Archer
Newly Registered

Post by Archer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Obie wrote:Appeal where. I thought it is an adninistrative review system that they have in Ireland.

I believe it will be a simple matter. You only need to provide the details of your husbands new employment.
Hi Obie,

We have to appeal the refusal for residency on an EU4 appeal form according to INIS/GNIB. My concern is, is the possibility of refusal higher because we never notified them of the changes? Does anyone have or know of similar cases and what the decision was?

gnem
BANNED

Re: EU1 refused - appealing

Post by gnem » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am

Archer wrote:Hi,

My daughter and I were on an Stamp 4 till 05/04/12 and received a letter from the GNIB dated 30/04/2012 refusing our residency because my husband had left his job voluntarily and we did not notify them. He was registered with an agency which were the documents we gave the GNIB but he left the temporary position and found a permanent job through the same agency 3 weeks later. Because of low sales and the fact that he new he would lose that job he left and went for interviews, he found a well paying permanent job with an international company second week in February but because of all the security protocols and documents he need from South Africa it took a long time to sort out but he has received a letter of appointment and contract last Thursday and will be starting next Wednesday. Yes we did not notify the GNIB and that was an oversight on our part albeit a huge one. As we now have to appeal by Wednesday I am very nervous and was wondering what we should say and what our chances are?

Thanks in advance
I think the problem here is that, the work permit holder is staying in Ireland by virtue of continue employment in Ireland any lapse or shortfall of that criteria will be disallowed.

The problem can be solve through administrative review by making an administrative submission to the representative acting on behalf of the minister stating the legal reasons and the new job backed up with documentation, then such status will be review, but while waiting for such review you have the right to extend your legal status by registering with your local officer to remain legal in the state while waiting for such review.

All the best.

Archer
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 refused - appealing

Post by Archer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 am

gnem wrote:
Archer wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance
I think the problem here is that, the work permit holder is staying in Ireland by virtue of continue employment in Ireland any lapse or shortfall of that criteria will be disallowed.

The problem can be solve through administrative review by making an administrative submission to the representative acting on behalf of the minister stating the legal reasons and the new job backed up with documentation, then such status will be review, but while waiting for such review you have the right to extend your legal status by registering with your local officer to remain legal in the state while waiting for such review.

All the best.

Hi Gnem,

Thank you very much, am posting off the appeal today and hoping for the best, very very scared and nervous