ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going out of UK and coming back to UK non-EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iknownothing

Going out of UK and coming back to UK non-EEA family member

Post by iknownothing » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi,
this will be the 1st time my partner is going out of the UK and then coming back in, 1 month later. She will be returning with me from Thailand.
She has the 5 year UK residence card. Do we need anything to come back into the country? I suppose the family permit is no longer required now she has the RC? Is this correct? I hope there will be no problems boarding the plane in Bangkok or passing through the passport checkpoint at Heathrow. :? These things are always a worry.

Thank you

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Going out of UK and coming back to UK non-EEA family mem

Post by ca.funke » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 pm

She will need a passport and the UK-issued residence permit. No problems to be expected.

Be careful in case of any stopovers/changes of planes.

If you´re going UK-Thailand direct, you´re all set to go.

Rgds, Christian

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm

unless she ever had problem with immigration she should be ok. they will ask some q but its ok..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Going out of UK and coming back to UK non-EEA family mem

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 pm

iknownothing wrote:Hi,
this will be the 1st time my partner is going out of the UK and then coming back in, 1 month later. She will be returning with me from Thailand.
She has the 5 year UK residence card. Do we need anything to come back into the country? I suppose the family permit is no longer required now she has the RC? Is this correct? I hope there will be no problems boarding the plane in Bangkok or passing through the passport checkpoint at Heathrow. :? These things are always a worry.

Thank you
You'll be fine. Remember, no landing card.

iknownothing

Post by iknownothing » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 am

Yes there were no problems at all. Thanks everyone for your help.
It was such a relief not to go through the process of applying for a visa again. All that old paper work and stress :D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 pm

iknownothing wrote:Yes there were no problems at all. Thanks everyone for your help.
It was such a relief not to go through the process of applying for a visa again. All that old paper work and stress :D
...until the five years are up...

Good to hear she got back ok. I hope she didn't get stamped passport or fill landing card.