ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding maintenance funds for my wife and kid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bk150999
Newly Registered

Regarding maintenance funds for my wife and kid

Post by bk150999 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 am

Hello,

I need advice regarding maintenance funds for my wife and child.
I am on Tier 1 and arrived London in March 2012. As part of Tier-1 dependent visa for my wife & kid I maintained funds of 4000 GBP (1600*2 + 800) on my wife's account in India.

The below statement is taken from the PBS guidelines document:
<
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
>

Can anybody please clarify if it is advised to maintain funds (all 4000 GBP) on my wife's name in India?? As one of my friend advised me that instead funds need to be maintained in United Kingdom on my name.

Thanks,
Arjun

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding maintenance funds for my wife and kid

Post by ScopeD » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

bk150999 wrote: • the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
Your wife can show her bank statements for her application. Not sure about the child as the statement goes on to say "or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom". Wait for others to give their views.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

bk150999 wrote:Hello,

I need advice regarding maintenance funds for my wife and child.
I am on Tier 1 and arrived London in March 2012. As part of Tier-1 dependent visa for my wife & kid I maintained funds of 4000 GBP (1600*2 + 800) on my wife's account in India.

The below statement is taken from the PBS guidelines document:
<
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
>

Can anybody please clarify if it is advised to maintain funds (all 4000 GBP) on my wife's name in India??
NO, as per (E) and (F) on this link. It can be either you or her or both
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/
As one of my friend advised me that instead funds need to be maintained in United Kingdom on my name.

Thanks,
Arjun

bk150999
Newly Registered

Post by bk150999 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am

silent_warrior wrote: NO, as per (E) and (F) on this link. It can be either you or her or both
silent_warrior can you please clarify on the above statement.
Is that ok if all the funds(4000 GBP) can be maintained in my wife's account.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Arjun

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 pm

bk150999 wrote:
silent_warrior wrote: NO, as per (E) and (F) on this link. It can be either you or her or both
silent_warrior can you please clarify on the above statement.
Is that ok if all the funds(4000 GBP) can be maintained in my wife's account.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Arjun
Yes
If you check the link I have posted in my reply before, the points (d), (e) and (f) give the answer to your query. I have also pasted the statement below. But the answer is Yes
d) Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time.

(e) Where the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, the amount of funds available to the applicant must be in addition to the level of funds required separately of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

(f) In all cases, the funds in question must be available to:

(i) the applicant, or

(ii) where he is applying as the partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, either to him or to that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) where he is applying as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, either to him, to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or to the child's other parent who is lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time;

bk150999
Newly Registered

Post by bk150999 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks silent_warrior for your instant reply.
This is a wonderful forum as my doubt got clarified in less than 2 hours.

Regards,
Arjun.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 pm

bk150999 wrote:Thanks silent_warrior for your instant reply.
This is a wonderful forum as my doubt got clarified in less than 2 hours.

Regards,
Arjun.
Yes, no doubt this is a fantastic forum.
Just a quick note. It may be useful when you write your cover letter, to mention that the account was maintained in your wife's name. Not necessary, but useful