ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long it takes for an employer to get licence to sponsor?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sussexguy

How long it takes for an employer to get licence to sponsor?

Post by sussexguy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi,

A company is currently in the process of obtaining the licence to be able to provide me with a CoS. I would like to know how long it takes for a company to obtain this? Also, does it necessarily means that when the company gets the right to provide a CoS, it should immediately appear in the list (register of sponsors as can be found on UKBA website)?

Please help me find the answer.
Thanks, S

manci
Respected Guru

Re: How long it takes for an employer to get licence to spon

Post by manci » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:32 pm

sussexguy wrote:Hi,

A company is currently in the process of obtaining the licence to be able to provide me with a CoS. I would like to know how long it takes for a company to obtain this? Also, does it necessarily means that when the company gets the right to provide a CoS, it should immediately appear in the list (register of sponsors as can be found on UKBA website)?

Please help me find the answer.
Thanks, S
It is a fairly longwinded process. First the company has to get its sponsor licence application together (supporting documents have to be submitted) and then UKBA has to process the application. When the company has submitted its application the current UKBA processing time for Tier 2 sponsor licence applications can be checked by ringing 0300 123 4699.

The Tier 2 register of sponsors is normally updated daily.

sussexguy

Re: How long it takes for an employer to get licence to spon

Post by sussexguy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

manci wrote:
It is a fairly longwinded process. First the company has to get its sponsor licence application together (supporting documents have to be submitted) and then UKBA has to process the application. When the company has submitted its application the current UKBA processing time for Tier 2 sponsor licence applications can be checked by ringing 0300 123 4699.

Hi Manci, Thanks for sharing the info. As far as I know the company has started the process around 6-8 weeks ago. I do not think that I can use the above number to seek information since I am not the employer.
I am chasing the people within the company who always assure that they are on the case and liaising with an immigration adviser. Do you think that once they obtain the licence, their name will be added to this list? Or, it is possible to just to obtain the licence to sponsor one migrant without having to register on the list?

Thanks,S

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:54 pm

sussexguy wrote:
manci wrote:

Hi Manci, Thanks for sharing the info. As far as I know the company has started the process around 6-8 weeks ago. I do not think that I can use the above number to seek information since I am not the employer.
I am chasing the people within the company who always assure that they are on the case and liaising with an immigration adviser. Do you think that once they obtain the licence, their name will be added to this list? Or, it is possible to just to obtain the licence to sponsor one migrant without having to register on the list?

Thanks,S
0300 123 4699 is the UKBA employer helpline and they will answer general (not company specific) employer-related questions, such as application processing times, from anyone - you don't even have to give your or the company's name when you call.. The advisor always starts the conversation by giving his or her name and if, exceptionally, they ask your name just tell them your first name. However, at present they are very busy because of the many enquiries relating to the recent rule changes and you may have to wait some time before they answer.

There is no way the company can assign a CoS to you before they obtain their licence

sha23

COS

Post by sha23 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to Find out if anybody can post the average time its taking now to obtain a Cos for Tier-2 ICT?

Look forward to help on the timelines...

LT81
Newly Registered

Re: COS

Post by LT81 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm

sha23 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to Find out if anybody can post the average time its taking now to obtain a Cos for Tier-2 ICT?

Look forward to help on the timelines...
This should explain the delay
http://www.relocatemagazine.com/immigra ... -says-ukba