ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Application CoS (psw to tier2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tikejhya

Tier2 Application CoS (psw to tier2)

Post by tikejhya » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi,

I am currently working under PSW (Post Study Work) for a company, they are ready to sponsor me under Tier2(General).

My visa expires on August 20th, And No application has been filed yet.

Initial Application (Which can be done online in ukba website), i wanted to do it asap, (As employer has granted me to go through). Is that good enough to apply for CoS without lawyer.

I wanted to know from people's experience if the process is tough or st. forward (I have not applied lawyer yet, in student visa or while in psw which makes me think it is st. forward aswell).

Company is good enough and reputed, will that make diff on processing time.

To Sum Up, am i in position where i should be fine (By time limit), to apply for Cos? And should i consider hiring lawyer to do this?

Any suggestion/feedback/tips appreciated.

Thanks
TK

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:20 am

The system is not how you describe it.

You don't apply for a CoS, your sponsor company assigns one to you. This is assuming they have the appropriate sponsor licence.

Once they assigned the CoS they will give you its number which must be quoted in your grant of leave application (made either online or on the paper form).

If you have made previous immigration applications there is no reason why you could not do this one yourself but you must read the guidance carefully and be very meticulous as errors can result in refusal.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 am

manci wrote: If you have made previous immigration applications there is no reason why you could not do this one yourself but you must read the guidance carefully and be very meticulous as errors can result in refusal.
Alternatively, you could prepare the application on the paper form and get an immigration advisor to check it, together with the supporting documents, before submission.