ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am

zahra110 wrote:jesus christ! how much more longer???

im on 50 working days...it needs to go to abu dhabi! u guys went to abu dhabi ages ago!

even if i phone isloo, im sure it will be a dodgy line and dodgy people, it is pak after all!
zahra isnt your husband from PK, so is he dodgy too.?

not everythn here is how you guys make it look like. recently me and my husband (he lives in UK) we needed our bank statements ( proper ones not online printed ones) it took me 10 mins to get mine while my husband had to wait for a week coz the bank was abit lazy about it..just thot i'll share this with you..hope u dnt tk it personally.
visa-grante:25.10.12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am

syma wrote:

im on 50 working days...it needs to go to abu dhabi! u guys went to abu dhabi ages ago!

even if i phone isloo, im sure it will be a dodgy line and dodgy people, it is pak after all!

not everythn here is how you guys make it look like. recently me and my husband (he lives in UK) we needed our bank statements ( proper ones not online printed ones) i took me 10 mins to get mine while my husband had to wait for a week coz the bank was abit lazy about it..just thot i'll share that with you..hope u dnt tk it personally.
No it takes a week to get an official headed statement because it's printed off at the bank's headquarters or wherever the printing is actually done and then put through security processing before it is officially posted. Only one location in the entire country can print off statements and there is a process to follow. You make a request, the request is forwarded to the department responsible to print off the statement, they print it off onto headed letter, it's validated, then it's printed and submitted. It's a reflection of how good the system is in the UK, they are very secure. It's also a reflection of how insecure the system in Pakistan is, if you can request and receive statements on site within 10 mins.

I think Zahra's comment is definitely offensive and should her husband come to know of what she thinks of Pakistanis, he would be deeply offended as well.

aziz4ever

Post by aziz4ever » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 am

the tracking website is working now but i think the status are same.well mine in same as before :(
Apllication Submitted: 23/1/12 @ Islamabad
Under Process at BHC: 03/02/12
forwarded to the embassy for processing: 04/03/2012
processed application returned to AC:19/4/2012
Visa Granted.ALHAMDULILLAH (24/4/2012)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote:

not everythn here is how you guys make it look like. recently me and my husband (he lives in UK) we needed our bank statements ( proper ones not online printed ones) i took me 10 mins to get mine while my husband had to wait for a week coz the bank was abit lazy about it..just thot i'll share that with you..hope u dnt tk it personally.
No it takes a week to get an official headed statement because it's printed off at the bank's headquarters or wherever the printing is actually done and then put through security processing before it is officially posted. Only one location in the entire country can print off statements and there is a process to follow. You make a request, the request is forwarded to the department responsible to print off the statement, they print it off onto headed letter, it's validated, then it's printed and submitted. It's a reflection of how good the system is in the UK, they are very secure. It's also a reflection of how insecure the system in Pakistan is, if you can request and receive statements on site within 10 mins.

I think Zahra's comment is definitely offensive and should her husband come to know of what she thinks of Pakistanis, he would be deeply offended as well.
well ur completely wrong in sayin that it shows hw insecure the system is in PK, what it goes to show is that the local branch has the means and resources to give its customer the bank statement with specified details needed for immigration purpose i.e it should be on the bank's letter headed paper with all the neccesarry details, signed and stamped by the Bank manager himself to prove its authority.

n as for the time taken by his bank, last time it was 3 working days they took , this time 8 so tha banks arent exactly as consistent as you might lthink they are.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 am

syma wrote: well ur completely wrong in sayin that it shows hw insecure the system is in PK, what it goes to show is that the local branch has the means and resources to give its customer the bank statement needed according to specifications which have been set by the embassy/UKBA i.e it should be on the bank's letter headed paper with all the neccesarry details, signed and stamped by the Bank manager to prove its authority.
I think I know which I prefer when it comes to bank account related documents, I definitely prefer secure over swift and I think 99% of the world do as well, which is why here we go through this process.

abilal
Newly Registered

Post by abilal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:38 am

Sorry, but I have to say, I'm reading all these posts and all I hear is how bad Pakistan is at everytihng. i agree with that there is cirruption and not everything works, but when people start making fun of the people living there, makes me wonder why on earth marry from there then, if u have those opinions.

I married from here, just getting info for a friend who is now wanting his wife over.

Most of these saying this seem to be from mirpur. it seems to be very common of people of mirpur origin marrying from pak and then making fun of the people from there :shock: This doesn't make sense.

shah6409

Post by shah6409 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 am

tracking website is up and running but the updates are the same

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:32 am

Guys and Girls

We are not here to make derogatory statements about any individuals or a community. please do not make these types of remarks on this forum just concentrate on guiding each other through the application process because thats the main reason we are all here.

navie999

Post by navie999 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm

abilal wrote:Sorry, but I have to say, I'm reading all these posts and all I hear is how bad Pakistan is at everytihng. i agree with that there is cirruption and not everything works, but when people start making fun of the people living there, makes me wonder why on earth marry from there then, if u have those opinions.

I married from here, just getting info for a friend who is now wanting his wife over.

Most of these saying this seem to be from mirpur. it seems to be very common of people of mirpur origin marrying from pak and then making fun of the people from there :shock: This doesn't make sense.
LOL.. I don't know how you can tell people are from mirpur just by looking at their names. :shock:

'it seems to be very common of people of mirpur origin marrying from pak and then making fun of the people from there'. Very bold statement to make, where in the UK are u from, also where in PK are you from, just out of interest.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

quick question can a police officer attest documents

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Navie999 did u ring the embassy 2day to get an update about if our applications have been sent back 2 gerrys or not
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks greg!
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

21SHOAIB21
- thin ice -

chill

Post by 21SHOAIB21 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey guys chill i mean we all r already disturbed living without our beta half we re in the same situation help each other out not argue make each other feel beta. Dont forget wen u put a smile on sum1z face a dua cumz out from the heart automatically for u hope u all live 2gether and get 2gether quick dont forget me in ur duas patience is the key.

abilal
Newly Registered

Post by abilal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I think you should relax bro, there is no vowel language, just people's frustrations, and my point to make here is to say, if you're going to go ahead with something like this, then don't complain about it, it was there choice. We are all Muslims, and talking like that doesn't get anywhere. People from Pakistan and Britain have black sheep in every community. We all just think differently from culture. It's easier to marry from your own thinking.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 pm

i am just amazed thats all i have to say, i have lived in Uk for 9 years that hasnt turned me into a big head ready to bust. Every country has issues yes we have more thats only down to the political malfunctions, a common pakistani isnt to blame for it really.

I love it here for me there are more pros to living here then cons and would have NEVER thought of moving to another country if my marraige was purely an arranged one. But i can understand the mentality where ppl specially guyz wana get out of here even if it is to wash dishes in restuarants in London.

i am sorry zahra if you thought my comment was personal, well it wasnt as mentioned before aswell. i was just asking a question, and me some else vbeing on THin ICe doesnt mean we cant reply to offensive comments made about our Motherland

Confucius

off topic again

Post by Confucius » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi All,

Let's get back on topic now .. :)

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:32 pm

syma wrote:i am just amazed thats all i have to say, i have lived in Uk for 9 years that hasnt turned me into a big head ready to bust. Every country has issues yes we have more thats only down to the political malfunctions, a common pakistani isnt to blame for it really.

I love it here for me there are more pros to living here then cons and would have NEVER thought of moving to another country if my marraige was purely an arranged one. But i can understand the mentality where ppl specially guyz wana get out of here even if it is to wash dishes in restuarants in London.

i am sorry zahra if you thought my comment was personal, well it wasnt as mentioned before aswell. i was just asking a question, and me some else vbeing on THin ICe doesnt mean we cant reply to offensive comments made about our Motherland
I recall you calling someone a freshie.. damn for my memory in remembering people who swear at themselves

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 pm

People stop all these messages, This is a immigration board not a cultural board. Can we get back to the matter in hand which is spouse application process.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:53 pm

So I got an interesting email from abu dhabi ..
to me

Copied and pasted..

Dear Mrs xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email of xxxx April 2012 enquiring about the progress of yourhusband’s visa application. His application is currently being processed and the decision has not been mad as all of our checks have not been completed. We are still within our agreed processing time frames for settlement applications and we shall notify you once his application has been done.

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiries Desk 9

UK Border Agency International Group (UAE)

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

( Tel: +971 2 610 1100 | Fax: +971 2 610 1587

* visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk | : www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas

So I am over my 60 WD time frame but still they are doing checks, thought I'd post to give you an idea of the responses coming back

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I wouldnt rely too heavily on the 60 working day rule. That purely isnt the case here, many people here are way over their 60 days mark, a little more patient my dear brothers and sisters, insha'allah the wait is worth it
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:16 pm

tnt4ever wrote:Well as far as the English translation is concerned
u get three papers
one from union Council in Urdu
One from nadra in English urdu
One again From Union Council in English

thats all
and those are to be attested by the UC
not a big deal
if elsewhere you have any requirement in written format, please upload a link or paste a screen shot here.

thats enough...
Sal5UK wrote:
sw33tazra wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:Just when i think my file is nearly complete, ready to send and submit...

Just wanted to ask re. Nikah nama.. We have got the urdu nikah nama, which is 2 pages, also the certificate which is in part urdu and english from NADRA. Is this all thats required for the nikah nama or do i need to get the urdu nikah nama translated in full english, stamped etc..
I thought the certificate in english would have been sufficient enough, proving all in english?
Any advise... Thanks
hey my hubby was told that the new rule was that the nikkah nama had to be translated by a registered company..cuz we had one done by a local registrar but apparently the CEO(also hubby's mate) said that it wasnt acceptable...so he told hubby what centre to go to get it properly translated from
Thanks, do you know which company to get it translated from, in Lahore?
Do i need to so this even though the NADRA nikah nama is in both urdu and english?

Any info appreciated people.
:shock:
Thanks tnt, appreciated..
Ill forget going through certified translator if thats the case...

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

The Islamabad Embassy don't even give us a chance to talk to them !

Has anyone ever had experiences phoning them?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I'd like to end this argument from my side on this note;
If I am willing to move to another country even tho I love it here proves the point that for my partner I'd live anywhere.
But if ur partner hadn't lived abroad u wudnt have married him... Clearly we have opposite approach towards life and relationships..
Anyways stay blessed.
Last edited by syma on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Rucy786 wrote:The Islamabad Embassy don't even give us a chance to talk to them !

Has anyone ever had experiences phoning them?
Yes I've spoken to them few times but only coz I had an interview there otherwise they don't really answer queries..
Mayb if u'd stop stressing sooooo much n listen to what I am sayin u'll get some info:) call on the numbers in the link I gave u..

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:38 pm

syma wrote:I'd like to end this argument from my side on this note;
If I am willing to move to another country even tho I love it here proves the point that for my partner I'd live anywhere.
But if ur partner hadn't lived abroad u wudnt have married him... Clearly we have opposite approach towards life and relationships..
Anyways stay blessed.
where in pak do u live?

would u move to a slum in india for ur hubby? be honest now!
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH