ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship using MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi_khaneng

British Citizenship using MN1

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm

I will soon be applying for ILR based on SET (0) using the premium service. My daughter was born last month and I will be registering her as British via MN1 form.

What documents other than those listed below are required?

1). MN1 form
2). Child’s original birth certificate
3). Father Passport (Are Copies Accepted).
4). ILR Letter (Copy or original required?)
5). BRP Card (Copy or original required?).
6). Father/Mother Marriage certificate (Copy).

I will not be using NCS service as I want to do this on my own. If I go through NCS they certify the copies after looking at the originals and then I can send the copies as I don’t want to send the original documents.

Please let me know. Many thanks.

Just been looking at the MN1 Guide----> Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SEND WITH THE FORM

PLEASE NOTE: It is our policy to return valuable documents by secure delivery. If
you wish the documents to be returned by other postal service or courier you will
need to supply a pre-paid delivery envelope ensuring that the full postage stamps or
fees are included.
ALL APPLICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION OF A CHILD AS A BRITISH CITIZEN
The Fee
The fee must be sent with the application form. Details of the current fee are available on
our website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk or by calling the Liverpool Contact Centre
on 0845 010 5200. NB. If you do not send the correct fee, the application will be
invalid.
Evidence of identity
• Child’s passport or travel document OR
• Child’s birth certificate OR
• Driving licence OR
• Bank, building society or credit card statement issued to them in the last 6 months

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK
• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports
AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order.

They are not asking for the parents BRP and Passport. Please advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 pm

See a similar question (and answer) just a few posts below yours.

Documents for Child MN1 Registration, Parents with ILR.

The guide is not well suited for applications under section 1(3). It is more aimed to cover other categories of registration.