ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Yearly time Spent Outside UK for ILR qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

craminder
Newly Registered

Yearly time Spent Outside UK for ILR qualification

Post by craminder » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi,
I know this question is quite common and I have tried to gather information from number of sources. I have Tier 1 general visa and I will qualify for ILR next year. I am living in UK for more than 4 years.
As per my understanding in order to qualify for ILR, apart from other requirements one has to remain in Uk and not leave Uk more than
180 days in total and 3 months continous. There is another guidance which states that one should not be out of uk for more than a month in a year. Actually my father died last year and my mother is alone back home as I am the only child. She is widow and aged more than 65. So, last year I had to travel number of times back and forth as she was not keeping well. Now, my total time outside UK is nearly 105 days but last year I spent around 50 days back at home outside UK.
Is it going to be a problem? Do I need to collect some documents regarding my father death or my mother general health.

Thanks in advance.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:29 pm

You should be okay if total leaves are not more than 180 in 5 yrs and there is no continuous 90 day leave period.

There is no requirement that states that you cannot be outside UK for more than a month because if that's true, there is no need for the 90 day rule :lol: :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)