ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smahmad
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon

Post by smahmad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 am

Hi,

I had an a Tier 1 visa extension appointment(same day premium service) on 4 April in PEO croydon. My application was submitted and my biometric was done and then after 2 hours their system got crashed and they stopped taking any further application. At 3 o clock case worked returned all my documents but retained my passport saying that system is still down and is unable to retrieve biometric result so she cant take any decision.
She told me that she will post my passport and visa decision letter but till now I havent got any. Its now 1 week but still I dont know whether my visa has been approved or rejected. is there any way of finding out the status of my application, i have got ukba case ref number as well as ICD number?

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 am

There is not much that can be done at this point. You just have to wait and watch. You could try contacting UKBA and that's about it.
Give me more Karma (+)

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 am

samething happened with me on 10th april.
i paid 1800 pounds
they are just ripping off people.
very unprofessional ppl at ukba especially at its IT dept.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 am

ibeny1978 wrote:samething happened with me on 10th april.
i paid 1800 pounds
they are just ripping off people.
very unprofessional ppl at ukba especially at its IT dept.
While I sympathies, we all opted to go in the route of paying large sum of money for our peace of mind, even knowing a premium service "NEVER" guarantees a same day visa.

Wish you luck mate
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Ebez1
Newly Registered

Post by Ebez1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:20 am

I am in the same situation. I think we need to report UKBA to BBC. they need to stop treating migrants as animals. Collecting premium service fee and treating it as postal is theft

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:28 am

Ebez1 wrote:I am in the same situation. I think we need to report UKBA to BBC. they need to stop treating migrants as animals. Collecting premium service fee and treating it as postal is theft

Again, this is something you opted with your will. You were not put on gun point to pay more. If you report this to BBC, there will be many others who would in all honesty support UKBA since they have had a walk in a park experience with PEO appointments
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Ebez1
Newly Registered

Post by Ebez1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 am

You can talk becuase you are not in that situation, you are entitled to your view
Last edited by Ebez1 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 am

Ebez1 wrote:You can talk becuase you are not in that situation, you are entitledto your view
You are right. I am not in similar situation, but with hand on heart, I have experienced worst and have waited 7+ months for my visa too. I can literally walk into each and everyone of you' shoes and feel the pain. But you are quite right, that every one is entitled to their opinion. I hope you all get through this miserable time soon as :) God bless

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 pm

sorry sage u r totally wrong . yes no one put guns on our heads to go for peo , but this option of peo was given by ukba that if we pay 1800 , our applications will be dealth with in the same day. no excuse should be given after taking that amount from us and just saying that system ran down. for the fees of 1800 the system should be dependable otherwise they should mention that we will charge 1800 but our system is upto standard of providing the service.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:sorry sage u r totally wrong . yes no one put guns on our heads to go for peo , but this option of peo was given by ukba that if we pay 1800 , our applications will be dealth with in the same day. no excuse should be given after taking that amount from us and just saying that system ran down. for the fees of 1800 the system should be dependable otherwise they should mention that we will charge 1800 but our system is upto standard of providing the service.
For the sake of no war of words, lets Agree to Disagree :) Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Premium service does not guarantee same day decision for all. In some cases, due to rush or when extra checks are required the decision gets delayed.
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:sorry sage u r totally wrong . yes no one put guns on our heads to go for peo , but this option of peo was given by ukba that if we pay 1800 , our applications will be dealth with in the same day. no excuse should be given after taking that amount from us and just saying that system ran down. for the fees of 1800 the system should be dependable otherwise they should mention that we will charge 1800 but our system is upto standard of providing the service.
To help a bit, here is an excerpts from HO Website, and one you should have read when booking -

We cannot guarantee a decision within 24 hours, but the vast majority of applications are decided within this time. If there is likely to be any delay in deciding your application, we will tell you when you attend your appointment.

Again - No offense given nor taken. Wish you luck

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:59 pm

we are all at the mercy of IT systems - that's the world we live in. They never guarantee a same day decision for the premium service.

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:12 pm

ok fine , in case system breaks down they should still consider the application as premium rather then putting it as postal becuz then its totally unfair to charge the fees of premium and treat it as postal.
they should atleast decide on it within 2-3 days or maximum 5 days.

i spent the whole day at croydon and at 4:30 pm they told me just leave ur documents and we will call u back in case any update. very unfair treatment to all the applicants who paid extra money and gave their time for nothing.

WE MUST RAISE VOICE AGAINST THIS. this is simply using people to the maximum as they know ppl have no other option then to simply pay.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:ok fine , in case system breaks down they should still consider the application as premium rather then putting it as postal becuz then its totally unfair to charge the fees of premium and treat it as postal.

i spent the whole day at croydon and at 4:30 pm they told me just leave ur documents and we will call u back in case any update. very unfair treatment to all the applicants who paid extra money and gave their time for nothing.

WE MUST RAISE VOICE AGAINST THIS. this is simply using people to the maximum as they know ppl have no other option then to simply pay.

why are you saying that they are treating the application as postal - postal applications take around 3 months - and at least 4 weeks from biometrics - particularly at the moment. there have been two bank holidays since the problems started - decisions are being made within a matter of days and not weeks and therefore you cannot say they are being treated as postal applications. There are a lot of things about the UKBA to complain about but this is one that will get you no where.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:43 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:ok fine , in case system breaks down they should still consider the application as premium rather then putting it as postal becuz then its totally unfair to charge the fees of premium and treat it as postal.

you gave your biometrics i think, so it cannot be same as postal, you get a 2 month head start over postal applications. if you made travel plans assuming you would get same day decision then that is unfortunate. a little research in this forum or elsewhere would have made it clear to you that many permium applications are not decided on the day. there are also horror stories about such applications taking upto a year, but the probability of that happening is very small

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Just to shed some more lights, while 4th April seems long way away, it has only been 2 WORKING DAYS since you submitted your application. Have patience, I know it is hard to but there is no point flapping about it on forum where everyone is trying to help and calm the nerves down. I don't want to sound like we're all ganging against you but it appears that you're missing the point.

Ebez1
Newly Registered

Post by Ebez1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Let me get something clear to all of us. Most migrants in the UK are mostly African and Asian descendants, whose countries are having economical and social challenges. If we are not here, how will UKBA make money? The question is, how many Americans, canadians,Germans to mention few are in the UK? UKBA is seriously using this opportunity to milk us dry after the taxes we have paid. But one day, those countries will rise above their challenges and their citizens will return home,and we shall see how UKBA will still exist if there is no money coming from migrants.

Those of us in this PEO problem and those application submitted via post, let us continue to pray.

God bless

scottferguson
Newly Registered

Post by scottferguson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Ebez1 wrote:But one day, those countries will rise above their challenges and their citizens will return home,and we shall see how UKBA will still exist if there is no money coming from migrants.
This is the silent justification for UKBA to milk as much money from migrants as they can. The migrant will return at the sight of greener pastures and he is here is to make money, so take as much money as possible from him/her.

Win-win situation, right :D

The only issue is some of the jobless spongers in this country are benefitting from this money and blaming immigration for all problems. This is a wierd world.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 am

Classic example of demand vs supply and the commodity being sold - British citizenship!

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

hsmp1412 wrote:Classic example of demand vs supply and the commodity being sold - British citizenship!
I bet you're a finance professional :)

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm

[quote="raxs1983"][quote="hsmp1412"]Classic example of demand vs supply and the commodity being sold - British citizenship![/quote] I bet you're a finance professional :)[/quote]

I wish! No... just a software programmer! :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:47 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:Classic example of demand vs supply and the commodity being sold - British citizenship!
I bet you're a finance professional :)
I wish! No... just a software programmer! :)
Another bet - Software programmer with lot of money :)

smahmad
Newly Registered

Post by smahmad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 am

any luck guys? does anyone hear anything from "PEO CROYDON"?
I went to PEO croydon on 4th April but still i dont know my visa application status.

Ebez1
Newly Registered

Post by Ebez1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 am

PEO Liverpool 05/04/2012. Approval letter received on 14/04/2012. They will get back to you soon.

God bless