ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship certificate waiting 2 months now

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mow12345
Newly Registered

British Citizenship certificate waiting 2 months now

Post by Mow12345 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I am waiting this citizenship certificate 2 months now and the Ukba took money away from my account allready but still wondering how long they want me to wait.
No call I made till now, wondering if I call them and ask how things going on.
Please help; shell I call or I wait?

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:04 pm

deleted - repeat post
Last edited by cherryplum on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi, you just have to be patient - they will not talk to you about your case if it's under 6 months old so no point trying. And they only issue you a letter confirming you should attend a Citizenship Ceremony where you will then be given your Naturalisation Certificate. That's the moment you become a BC.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 am

Look at the timeline thread.

2 months after deducting monies is not a long time at all, I'd guestimate 2.5-3 months is closer to the norm for the decision and you have up to a week after that for the letter to arrive.

If you do call you will almost certainly get the its less than 6 months answer and in most cases they wont even take your reference number to see if it has been decided and your letters possibly lost in the post (though v unlikely at this point).