ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Countries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wahab86
Newly Registered

Schengen Countries

Post by wahab86 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Guys,
I Hope everyone is well.

I know this topic has been discussed before but I just want to clarify certain points

I am on UK Spouse Visa valid until feb 14. my wife is british citizen and we live in london. i have recently applied for schengen visa (business) through french embassy.

my questions are

1. does my wife need to accompany me everytime if i am going for 2 days on business trip (london-paris-london?)
2. since i have BRP which says residence permit (spouse/partner leave to remain) do i need to fill in the landing card and go through non eu passport or I can use the UK passport line when I am coming back to heathrow.

Kind Regards
Wahab

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Schengen Countries

Post by Punjab » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am

[quote="wahab86"]Hi Guys,

Hi Wahab

If you have a schengen visa from France then unless otherwise stated on your visa, you can go outside the UK with or without your wife not only to France but to other schengen countries also. But keep in mind that your wife should be in the UK if you are coming back to this country unless you have a PR.

No landing card need to be filled in but like yesterday in my case I was asked to fill it and I refused and they ralissed that I don’t need to fill it. And also you can join any que for passport but I prefer non eu as its always faster than other que.

Ta

[/b]

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 pm

wahab86 wrote:Hi Guys,
I Hope everyone is well.

I know this topic has been discussed before but I just want to clarify certain points

I am on UK Spouse Visa valid until feb 14. my wife is british citizen and we live in london. i have recently applied for schengen visa (business) through french embassy.

my questions are

1. does my wife need to accompany me everytime if i am going for 2 days on business trip (london-paris-london?) No, you can travel independently.
2. since i have BRP which says residence permit (spouse/partner leave to remain) do i need to fill in the landing card and go through non eu passport or I can use the UK passport line when I am coming back to heathrow. Yes, you need a landing card.

Kind Regards
Wahab
Comments above.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Punjab wrote:

Hi Wahab

If you have a schengen visa from France then unless otherwise stated on your visa, you can go outside the UK with or without your wife not only to France but to other schengen countries also. But keep in mind that your wife should be in the UK if you are coming back to this country unless you have a PR.

No landing card need to be filled in but like yesterday in my case I was asked to fill it and I refused and they ralissed that I don’t need to fill it. And also you can join any que for passport but I prefer non eu as its always faster than other que.

Ta

[/b]
A landing card is required for this type of permit holder.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Punjab wrote:

Hi Wahab

Ta

[/b]
A landing card is required for this type of permit holder.
did i get it right British residence permit need landing cards? is it different from residence documentation? ta

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 pm

As I understand it, non-EU passport holders that do not have ROA need to complete landing card. People entering under 2006 EEA regs do not.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi guys, I went to Spain, Greece with my wife(holiday) I joined the same queue and I didn't have to fill the landing card,,,,, beside I went to my country and returned to UK same think,,,,but this time 2 immigration officers had a different opinion :)
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Did you comply with the opinion or not? it's not required if you enter under the 2006 (EEA) regs.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am

Hi wahab86,
wahab86 wrote:...i have recently applied for schengen visa (business) through french embassy....

my questions are

1. does my wife need to accompany me everytime if i am going for 2 days on business trip (london-paris-london?)
2. since i have BRP which says residence permit (spouse/partner leave to remain) do i need to fill in the landing card and go through non eu passport or I can use the UK passport line when I am coming back to heathrow.
  1. If your Schengen-visa sais something about "EEA partner" (good indication: your visa was free), your wife would have to accompany you. Otherwise (if you paid something for the visa, which is usually the case with business-visas) you can go alone.
  2. No idea about UK law, sorry.

Ajay Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ajay Patel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 am

Hi,

If you have applied for a France Schengen Visa in that case your wife does not have to accompany you wherever you travel across Schengen state without her too.
Not sure about the application of the landing card.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 am

Ajay Patel wrote:Hi,

If you have applied for a France Schengen Visa in that case your wife does not have to accompany you wherever you travel across Schengen state without her too.
Unfortunately that´s not generally so :!:

If the Schengen-Visa is applied for under EEA-regulations and issued free of charge, the official rule is, that the partner still has to accompany.

Luckily the visa doesn´t show much difference and many border-guards don´t know, so you might slip through. But again: That´s not official.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

ca.funke wrote:
Ajay Patel wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately that´s not generally so :!:

If the Schengen-Visa is applied for under EEA-regulations and issued free of charge, the official rule is, that the partner still has to accompany.

Luckily the visa doesn´t show much difference and many border-guards don´t know, so you might slip through. But again: That´s not official.
Like you suggested, how would they know?

However, there is an important difference. If traveling alone with a Shengen visa, one has to have sufficient funds, insurance, etc. One could in theory be refused entry if one did not have this. If traveling with family member, these things can't be asked for.