ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements - Maintanence Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Green00
Newly Registered

Bank Statements - Maintanence Fund

Post by Green00 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi

My appointment is on Friday but having issues with my bank statement.

I'm with HSBC and on Friday my most recent one will be 32 days old. I did request a more recent one to be posted to me but still have not yet received it. :( I hoping it will come tomorrow but as there is no guarantee what do you recommend I do?

I went into a branch today and they printed out my most recent transactions on plain paper and they stamped it. The print out has my name, account number and sort code. No mention of the bank name (except on the stamp) nor the logo. The immigration advisor at my work says this is fine as the stamp gives the same information as the letterhead would. I'm not convinced since the guidance clearly states it needs to be printed on bank stationary.

I tried printing an online copy of my statement and getting them to stamp that. They refused. I will try a different branch tomorrow. If I can get them to stamp it would this be ok?

My account isn't purely an online account. I know the guidance defines an online account under the proof of earnings as "one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically".

Help Please!

Ebez1
Newly Registered

Post by Ebez1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 pm

i bank with lloyds. I printed my statement online and took it to the bank for stamping, which they did. if you go to another branch of HSBC and they refuse to sign, the paper copy they stamped for you is fine.

A candid advice is for you to change your bank after your Visa approval

God bless

Manka10

Re: Bank Statements - Maintanence Fund

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Green00 wrote:Hi

I'm with HSBC and on Friday my most recent one will be 32 days old. I did request a more recent one to be posted to me but still have not yet received it. :( I hoping it will come tomorrow but as there is no guarantee what do you recommend I do?

I went into a branch today and they printed out my most recent transactions on plain paper and they stamped it. The print out has my name, account number and sort code. No mention of the bank name (except on the stamp) nor the logo. The immigration advisor at my work says this is fine as the stamp gives the same information as the letterhead would. I'm not convinced since the guidance clearly states it needs to be printed on bank stationary.

I tried printing an online copy of my statement and getting them to stamp that. They refused. I will try a different branch tomorrow. If I can get them to stamp it would this be ok?

My account isn't purely an online account. I know the guidance defines an online account under the proof of earnings as "one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically".

Help Please!
this is a statement for maintenance funds or earnings ?

only maintenance funds statement has to be less than a month old

the stamped statement should be fine even if its not on headed paper
Manka

Green00
Newly Registered

Re: Bank Statements - Maintanence Fund

Post by Green00 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Manka10 wrote:
Green00 wrote:Hi

Help Please!
this is a statement for maintenance funds or earnings ?

only maintenance funds statement has to be less than a month old

the stamped statement should be fine even if its not on headed paper
Thanks for the responses!

It is for maintaince funds which is why I'm so worried about it being 1 day older than it should be.

I am going to try other branches tomorrow. What would be better to submit?
- The electronic statement (with their stamp if I can get it) or
- the plain paper one with their stamp.

I just noticed that my electronic statement only has my initials and last name (not my full first names).

@Ebez1, I think I will open another bank account somewhere else. Always good to be with more than one bank in case of problems like these. Thanks for your advice.

kanswam

@Green

Post by kanswam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:52 am

In case you didn't get my message.

Green
Sorry to hear that you are in the same situation as I got myself into. I am surprised that HSBC has given you a stamped statement which they refused for me. If they have stamped and signed the statement that should be good enough.

For the letter, it depends on the branch I believe. I got it from one branch in Belfast after another branch refused to oblige my request. But even that took me over 90 minutes and calling the customer service over phone from the branch.

You should try to call the customer service today to see if they will help you. But, your stamped statement should be good enough.

Best of luck!

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 am

I was in the same situation, as NatWest guys just gave me printed out statement, it was on plain A4 paper, but had all the details like bank name logo, account number, full name and address. Their city centre branch refused to stamp it, but next day I went to other branch in Heald Green, and they happily did this for me.

I also confirmed this with Home office customer service guys, and they confirmed as long it is stamped and signed, it is considered authentic.
Doesn't matter with the logo, but other information detailed in the guideline should be there.

Try few other branches today, otherwise use the stamped one. Should be okay. Good Luck!

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

In future whenever you need statements quickly from HSBC then ask them to deliver your statements in the nearest HSBC branch office.

I have a strong feeling that they print such statements in the branch itself for customer to pick up.

I got mine the second day from branch twice and strangely they were without envelope.

Green00
Newly Registered

Post by Green00 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks all.

Went into another branch this morning. This time they wouldn't stamp any statements but they did print all my transactions from 12 Jan 2012 until 11 April 2012 (exactly 90 days) on paper that has their name and logo. Is this considered to be on bank's stationary?

There is no clear date of the statement as it was printed this morning but it shows the dates of each of my transactions up to yesterday.

Is this better than the stamped statement on plain paper?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Green00 wrote:Thanks all.

Went into another branch this morning. This time they wouldn't stamp any statements but they did print all my transactions from 12 Jan 2012 until 11 April 2012 (exactly 90 days) on paper that has their name and logo. Is this considered to be on bank's stationary?

There is no clear date of the statement as it was printed this morning but it shows the dates of each of my transactions up to yesterday.

Is this better than the stamped statement on plain paper?
Was it printed out on Bank letterheaded paper? Or on simple plain A4 paper containing logo? If its on letterheaded one, then its fine without stamp as well, but if not, I think stamped one is good.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

The letter head is important as it contains the FSA regulated info and Co. no. etc.