ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire1 Extension General Application Twin Born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tire1Questions

Tire1 Extension General Application Twin Born in UK

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi All,
This question may have been asked earlier, I read quite a few threads but did not find anyswer. Here I am creating this thread and it may be useful for others too in same boat!
I am on Tire 1 General in UK and my extension is due in July 2012. I had twin born in Feb 2011 in UK. I have their birth certificates but have not applied for their (indian) passports yet. My quesitons is:
1) As they are born in UK do they require dependent visa extension? (Someone suggested me that as they are born here and are not entering into the coutry, they should not require visa to continue their stay). To what extand is that correct?
2) If the answer is yet for question No 1, I need to include their name on my (main applicant) form as depended? If so, would they be asking me to pay for their visa?
3) I have kept the Maintenance Allowance in bank already. So, even if they ask for maintance allowance, it is not a problem.

The reason, I do not want to apply for twins visa is purely I want to save on their visa fee. Why spend if one can save them. But I do not want any risk also on visa extension.

Would be wonderful if somebody could shred some light on it.

Manka10

Re: Tire1 Extension General Application Twin Born in UK

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Tire1Questions wrote:Hi All,
This question may have been asked earlier, I read quite a few threads but did not find anyswer. Here I am creating this thread and it may be useful for others too in same boat!
I am on Tire 1 General in UK and my extension is due in July 2012. I had twin born in Feb 2011 in UK. I have their birth certificates but have not applied for their (indian) passports yet. My quesitons is:
1) As they are born in UK do they require dependent visa extension? (Someone suggested me that as they are born here and are not entering into the coutry, they should not require visa to continue their stay). To what extand is that correct?
2) If the answer is yet for question No 1, I need to include their name on my (main applicant) form as depended? If so, would they be asking me to pay for their visa?
3) I have kept the Maintenance Allowance in bank already. So, even if they ask for maintance allowance, it is not a problem.

The reason, I do not want to apply for twins visa is purely I want to save on their visa fee. Why spend if one can save them. But I do not want any risk also on visa extension.

Would be wonderful if somebody could shred some light on it.
1) They will need a visa to enter UK, unless 1 of the parent is on a ILR or british citizen, since they are born here does not make them a british citizen by birth, you can hold off on their extension if the kids are not travelling out of the country, on the other hand, you will have to pay more if you apply for their dependent visa later than your extension

2) Obviously as your dependents you will have to pay for their extension too as the kids cant pay for themselves
Manka

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Also see bellow link Quote:
Do I need to include uk born baby in tier 1 extention?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96758

I am also similar situation.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks Manka10,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I understand that they are not British Citizen. The twins will not be travelling out of UK till any of parents gets ILR. So, I do not need to apply for their visa. All I wanted to know that if i need to apply for their visa.

Just to make sure: I will have to add their names in my extension application as dependent but need not to apply for their visa and No need to pay for their Extension fee?

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks esmsi for the link. It is very useful.
Good to know that you are also in the same boat...!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I have not taken any decision yet

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 am

Tire1Questions wrote:Thanks Manka10,
Just to make sure: I will have to add their names in my extension application as dependent but need not to apply for their visa and No need to pay for their Extension fee?
If you are not appliying for their visa at the same time as yours, then don't put their names in application form, bcz I guess that section tells UKBA the dependent details applying at the same time along with main applicant.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

ferryahmed82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am Post subject:
Tire1Questions wrote:
Thanks Manka10,

If you are not appliying for their visa at the same time as yours, then don't put their names in application form, bcz I guess that section tells UKBA the dependent details applying at the same time along with main applicant.

Thanks to ferryahmed82.

I have the similar view above.
In the application form, you need to put only the details of dependents you are applying. very interesting.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:41 am

Tier1Question and esmi, i am also advancing towards the same situation even though its still 20 months remaining for ILR stage but i better plan now.

I have got 1 infant who i already have applied for tier1 (g) dependent, second baby by the grace of God is expected this year.

Can i also avoid sending documents for second baby when applying for ILR and send it few months after? I presume first one will have to be shown up since already got visa stamped as my dependent.

Only reason is to buy some time due to insane ILR fees which might have topped up further by then.

esmsi wrote:
ferryahmed82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am Post subject:
Tire1Questions wrote:
Thanks Manka10,

Thanks to ferryahmed82.

I have the similar view above.
In the application form, you need to put only the details of dependents you are applying. very interesting.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.
If only the applying dependends name to be stated on the form, in that case how does the maintenance funds to be calculated? I have enough funds in bank for whole of the family, but raising the question as it may help somebody else.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Very interesting question.
Tire1Questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:47 am Post subject:
Thanks for your reply.
If only the applying dependends name to be stated on the form, in that case how does the maintenance funds to be calculated? I have enough funds in bank for whole of the family, but raising the question as it may help somebody else.
[/quote]

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42 am

You only need to have maintenance funds for the family members actually applying-thus if its just you and your spouse applying then you only need the funds for you and your spouse.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks Greenie,
Thanks for information. So, it could be a good workaround for the people who did not keep enough balance in their bank account, they should first apply for main applicant and partner (depending on the funds available in the bank) and latter for kids.
Hope it would help many people.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 pm

(h) Where the application is made at the same time as applications by the partner or child of the applicant (such that the applicant is a Relevant Points Based System Migrant for the purposes of paragraph 319AA), each applicant must have the total requisite funds specified in the relevant parts of appendices C and E. If each applicant does not individually meet the requirements of appendices C and / or E, as appropriate, all the applications (the application by the Relevant Points Based System Migrant and applications as the partner or child of that relevant Points Based system Migrant) will be refused.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/

rule on maintenance funds for dependents