ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Processing Times

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koolguykvs

UKBA Processing Times

Post by koolguykvs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

My friend has done biometrics on 21st of Feb and i did it on 2nd march. Neither of us received anything from UKBA till now. Its been almost 2months.

Is this the same case with everyone?? I dont think so because some of the members who posted in timelines thread seems to have got their passport.

Why is this happening. I am really annoyed and tensed?? :roll:

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

Is anyone here experiencing the same??? :?: :(

M3g466

Post by M3g466 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:53 am

Same here! Not sure what is happening, do you have any idea if i can contact anyone for the same?

Its been 7 weeks since i did my biometrics.

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 am

M3g466 wrote:Same here! Not sure what is happening, do you have any idea if i can contact anyone for the same?

Its been 7 weeks since i did my biometrics.
I have no idea M3g466. I am same like you in the middle of desert, not a clue what to do. I havent seen any update on UKBA site about this. They keep changing the dates but nobody here get the documents. When they are not sending why do they change the dates. Atleast they could have specified a note.

The 75% average processing times seems to be not true taking present scenario.

M3g466

Post by M3g466 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 am

Yes its a nightmare which doesn't seem to end. I had to postpone my tickets thrice because of this delay.

Not sure what to do next if nothing comes around this coming week....

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

M3g466 wrote:Yes its a nightmare which doesn't seem to end. I had to postpone my tickets thrice because of this delay.

Not sure what to do next if nothing comes around this coming week....
But in the timelines thread i have seen two members by names sussexguy and immigrationuser have got their brp back. Strange thing is they have done their biometric after you and me. This is where i am worrying. Is it just me or everyone???

M3g466

Post by M3g466 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

That's worrying, but i figured maybe it was different type of visa.

Mine is Tier 2 extension, what type of visa is yours?

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 am

M3g466 wrote:That's worrying, but i figured maybe it was different type of visa.

Mine is Tier 2 extension, what type of visa is yours?
Yours must be a more straight forward one then. I am switching from PSW, but still its really annoying. No efforts from UKBA to inform the applicants about delay.

Lets see what happens... Now everything is in hands of god. Only pray and hope. :roll:

Nico6
Newly Registered

Post by Nico6 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 pm

I spoke to the UKBA through the enquiries line yesterday (0300 123 4699) and they explained that due to a crack down on Student Visas overstayers, they have been instructed to concentrate on those and they currently have a backlog of 8000 or so applications so there will be longer than usual delays in processing. Not sure there's anything they can do about it, but it might be worth giving them a call to find out what it means for your application if you're worried.

Also, it was reported here that they are prioritising urgent requests and applications by major companies:

http://www.relocatemagazine.com/immigra ... -says-ukba

M3g466

Post by M3g466 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Nico6 wrote:I spoke to the UKBA through the enquiries line yesterday (0300 123 4699) and they explained that due to a crack down on Student Visas overstayers, they have been instructed to concentrate on those and they currently have a backlog of 8000 or so applications so there will be longer than usual delays in processing. Not sure there's anything they can do about it, but it might be worth giving them a call to find out what it means for your application if you're worried.

Also, it was reported here that they are prioritising urgent requests and applications by major companies:

http://www.relocatemagazine.com/immigra ... -says-ukba
That explains the delay in processing. Thanks for the information Nico6.

I do not have any sort of information about my application since my employer did that in behalf of me. If i call the number you mentioned above without any details about my application, will they entertain my request?, even if its as general as when can i expect my documents back?, i need some dates so that i can plan my travel accordingly.

gemushka
Newly Registered

Processing time

Post by gemushka » Wed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi

I too have suffered from the delays and just wanted to let you know the timeframe I dealt with.

My fiancé is from Russia and he applied for his Tier 2 extension in February and the payment was taken on Feb 19th.

In the week of the 5th March he received a notice inviting him to have the biometrics taken, which he did on the 8th March.

We then heard nothing at all until Monday this week when a delivery by The DX was attempted. It finally arrived today (2nd May) and we found out this was his Biometric Residence Card. His passport and documents then arrived later in the day in a separate envelope.

I looked to this website when I wanted hope on timeframes so thought I would provide an update for others who may be in the same situation. The UKBA claims they are processed within 4 weeks, but as someone previously mentioned this seems to be rubbish at the moment. I am very grateful that the passport came back but am now worried as I am not sure we will get his visa in time for our honeymoon in Australia. Fingers crossed they will process it quickly!

SheltonM
Newly Registered

Post by SheltonM » Wed May 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I am into the 7th week since my biometrics on 14 March and nothing has come through. The application for extension was done on 26 Jan so this means we have been at it for at least 3 months in total really. My wife has had to cancel key international trips for her work as we never anticipated it would take this long.

There may be other reasons but i think the decision to have 3 year visas instead of 5 years since November 2008 is the main reason. The spike in renewal applications after 3 years was not prepared for and with austerity in place it probably means the same number of staff or less is attending to the increased number of applications.

Its just unfair to have to wait this long as you cant travel even on emergency and all the anxiety! Maybe the attitude is they are migrants, so what? But anyway even clearing through Heathrow is a nightmare for all!

guest0901
Newly Registered

Post by guest0901 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi All,
I 've attended biometric on 25th of April, from what I read on the portal it can take more thn 4 weeks??? I am getting married in June and i have to fly back to india. is there a way we can expedite the process??
I am switching from PSW to tier 2 .
my sister gt her visa with a week after biometric. she is on tier 1 extension though.

GB09

Post by GB09 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 pm

guest0901 wrote:Hi All,
I 've attended biometric on 25th of April, from what I read on the portal it can take more thn 4 weeks??? I am getting married in June and i have to fly back to india. is there a way we can expedite the process??
I am switching from PSW to tier 2 .
my sister gt her visa with a week after biometric. she is on tier 1 extension though.
I am not sure if you can expedite the process. From the timelines people posting here, i could see it takes around 7 to 8 weeks to get your documents back after you have attended biometrics.

naz77

Post by naz77 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi,

can anyone tell how much time it will take to process tier 2 general switch application when I and my dependents are holding BIO metric card.

GB09

Post by GB09 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

naz77 wrote:Hi,

can anyone tell how much time it will take to process tier 2 general switch application when I and my dependents are holding BIO metric card.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=120