ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment AFTER current permit expires?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tenrohle
Newly Registered

ILR appointment AFTER current permit expires?

Post by tenrohle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:36 am

I am on a Spousal visa currently and having trouble getting a ILR booking that is before my current permit expires.

Is there any way I can extend my current permit to allow for this? I assume I am not allowed to be in the country if my current permit is expired, regardless of wether I have a ILR appointment or not?

Helppppp !

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:38 am

I would advise applying by post before your current leave runs out.

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:40 am

My main reason for doing it is because I need to travel abroad right around the time my current permit is expiring.

Can I do an extension in person?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:46 am

I am sure you can get an extension.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I understand that some lawyers have pre-booked slots and hence if you need to travel urgently and can’t find an online appointment then your only option is to find a lawyer that can get you an appointment on desired date. Unfortunately you have to pay extra for that but that is one solution.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 pm

It's unlikely that an out-of-time application may be made at a PEO.

If you're applying for ILR out-of-time, then cite the Settlement rules for spouses. However, note that there will not be a right of appeal.

Therefore, best to apply in-time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks vinny.
The appointment system has been super good to me in the last 48 hours so I've managed to get one after my travel plans, and 1 day before my current permit expires.