ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extn - Date of application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extn - Date of application

Post by PrashantMar » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,

I have tier1 Visa valid until mid July 2012 so would like to apply for extension in next 2 months time.

I need your suggestions on when to apply considering the following -
1. I am a limited company contractor becoming permanent from 1st June so ideally it would be better to get extension before joining.
2. If I apply end of may (say 30th) I will be an employee of my company however that changes on 1st of June.
3. Looking at previous posts here I guess it would be difficult to get PEO appointment but would it be better to wait until June and keep trying or should I just send my application by post? I have 2 dependents as well.
4. I have asked my accountant to file my personal tax return in one month time, would it be helpful in Visa application?
5. Planning to travel to India before extension application, would it be wiser to wait until I get my Visa confirmed?

Sorry for such a long post, just to tell my situation before your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 Extn - Date of application

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:51 pm

PrashantMar wrote:Hi,

I have tier1 Visa valid until mid July 2012 so would like to apply for extension in next 2 months time.

I need your suggestions on when to apply considering the following -
1. I am a limited company contractor becoming permanent from 1st June so ideally it would be better to get extension before joining.
2. If I apply end of may (say 30th) I will be an employee of my company however that changes on 1st of June.
I guess you have already answered your question. But if your company is willing to accept on the basis that you will be applying for extension soon, then you could also wait. This is only to make sure you dont fall short of days when you go for ILR3. Looking at previous posts here I guess it would be difficult to get PEO appointment but would it be better to wait until June and keep trying or should I just send my application by post? I have 2 dependents as well.
Try these tricks for PEOhttp://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#612320
4. I have asked my accountant to file my personal tax return in one month time, would it be helpful in Visa application?
5. Planning to travel to India before extension application, would it be wiser to wait until I get my Visa confirmed?
Not necessary. But sometimes staff at airports can get funny with questions. However, there have been users on this forum who had few days remaining of visa validity and have travelled without any problems on arrival in UK
Sorry for such a long post, just to tell my situation before your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for your quick response.

So when do you think would be the right time to apply so that ILR number of days requirement is met assuming that my employer is fine with me applying after joining?

I have read somewhere that applying personally (at PEO) 6 weeks before date of expiry will guarantee that new Visa starts after previous expiry?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 pm

PrashantMar wrote:Thanks for your quick response.

So when do you think would be the right time to apply so that ILR number of days requirement is met assuming that my employer is fine with me applying after joining?
To qualify for ILR the criteria says you need to complete 5 years continous in the Tier 1 (General) visa (and many more, not relevant to your post right now)
Applicants starts applying (or filing) towards the end of 4 years and 11 months for ILR. Hence towards the end of June or start of July, i would have thought.

I have read somewhere that applying personally (at PEO) 6 weeks before date of expiry will guarantee that new Visa starts after previous expiry?
Not necessarily. Dont know where you read it?